How to fix the tanky dps problem in TT.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exidur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2012

Taking away health items from brusiers wouldn't fix the problem. They'd either all start building sunfire capes or they'd all be too squishy changing the meta to burst/assassins. I for one.. do not miss the days of Akali terrorizing everyone. And you think tryn is op now? What happens when all those people that can actually out lane him and kill him late game no longer have the items necessary to do that job? lulz. Like I said earlier.. casters have their place.. but if you don't know how to use them and incorporate them into your team comp then with or without warmogs/atma/fm you're still going to get beat and then you'll be complaining about something else that you think is op. Also.. stop killing the inhibs before you can actually kill the nexus turret. That should solve most turtling problems.

AmishBreakfast

03-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzJack View Post
Tanky dps is simply too good in treeline, we all know this. But how do you fix it? Remove Atma's impaler from treeline. Now people have to choose whether they want to be tanky, or have damage, in a 3v3 scenario. Because having both is simply too good when you only have 3 opponents instead of 5.
I think you're definitely on to something. Dominion has different gear options and summoner spells to make it work. Maybe TT could be fixed the same way. Add a couple new items/spells, remove a couple of classic ones.

BarbyQ

03-18-2012

How do you fix it?

Add a normal draft for TT.

Deathcapt

03-20-2012

it's called Lichbane. With it your AP nukers DESTROY turrets. I play morde, and with Lichbane late game I 3 hit turrets.

or even someone like Veigar brutalizes turrets with lichbane, You throw your stun on defenders, and hit the turret for 800magic dmg, with an auto attack.

Sydaen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lystroka View Post
The problems of tanky dps in TT are

.Lack of space to run without a teleport which makes it hard for casters to stand toe to toe.
.Generally you can rely upon levels going up to level 16 range
.Lifesteal targets
.heavy reliance upon an ace to kill nexus turret.
.melee range from fountain to defend turret

Idea to help fix this
Implement meta item

x's rod of arcane flow
Cost 3900
Item requirement

Needlessly large rod
Pickaxe
blasting rod

120 AP
3 affects
unique
. 25% of AP is transformed into ad (builds ability to attack turrets late game)
. A direct cast spell knocks opponent back 100 range, 7 second cooldown (survivability)

Unique active.
Medium range teleport
(gives ability to jump walls)
As someone else mentioned... So... Broken...
You can get 700 AP on an AP carry.
With 3k hp, 120 armor and ~80-90 MR, via RoA, Rylai's, Rabadon's, Zhonya's and Abyssal.
Take out Zhonyas, add that in... You now get almost 200 AD, a knockback, and a second flash. You still have 70 armor. You now hit 300+AP damage bonus on structures, mitigated by tower resistances. Go win now.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the knockback is liable change games. It will either have an instant teleport in which you will be left confused, or a ministun in the effect that it takes a bit of time to move your champion over. Moreover, that applies on all spells?
Goodbye Nunu. Oh, you too Galio.