Is Dominion taken seriously?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thtshtwasLotto

03-17-2012

So from time to time I get bored of the normal SR and head over to dominion.

Now beforehand let me state i have 373 normal wins, 313 ranked wins and 235 dominion wins.
^ This is so you can get a feel for my game experience ^

Back to the subject, everytime i wander off into the shadowy, malevolent land known as dominion, everyone seems to break all the summoner rules with total disregard to everyone.

Most matches I have people d/c or just go afk on and off and they could care less how far behind that makes them, they don't offer an apology or an excuse like in most SR matches.

Another thing I see is blatant verbal abuse, hearing someone calling another person bad (and some explicit language) is an everday thing on LoL. But to watch a ad carry that rushed ionic spark or zekes herald call ANYONE bad (and explicit things) is beyond me.

I swear some games the people type more than they use their ability's.

I guess my real question is, as a community, do you guys take dominion games seriously?

Edit: Just a side note; from my own experience, dominion was much more fun and enjoyable when it was released.

Memorylame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2012

experimentation is also rampant.....<3...

HarbingerOfBoom

03-17-2012

Seriously a good way to grab first win in a pinch.

Heartlis

03-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memorylame View Post
experimentation is also rampant.....<3...
sounds like my time in college

Jortalus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2012

I love Dominion. It's not like the queue times are especially long, so I assume a fair amount of people play it.

It's actually what I play most often, other than bot games and ARAB.

Beravin

03-17-2012

What, you dont see this in any other maps or modes? Dont believe that for a moment. Its just as rampart in other areas as it is in Dominion. With that said, its pretty obvious why. Dominion is such a team based map that its hard to pull ahead or behind in win or loss, so you'll be in the middle. People around there are hit or miss, in my experience at least.

The higher you get, the better the people usually are. You got the odd ragers and trolls, sometimes leavers, but overall its pretty good. Just like in ranked and normals, the more you win, the better the competition gets. The higher you are, the more serious people will start taking it. In a good way, people dont troll, rage or feed even close to as much.

If you think any area of the game is better than another, you are kidding yourself. Play ranked and dodge down to 800 Elo or something, then tell me it has a better experience than Dominion. You'll be surprised.

Mlyy

03-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CymruWolf View Post
So from time to time I get bored of the normal SR and head over to dominion.

Now beforehand let me state i have 373 normal wins, 313 ranked wins and 235 dominion wins.
^ This is so you can get a feel for my game experience ^

Back to the subject, everytime i wander off into the shadowy, malevolent land known as dominion, everyone seems to break all the summoner rules with total disregard to everyone.

Most matches I have people d/c or just go afk on and off and they could care less how far behind that makes them, they don't offer an apology or an excuse like in most SR matches.

Another thing I see is blatant verbal abuse, hearing someone calling another person bad (and some explicit language) is an everday thing on LoL. But to watch a ad carry that rushed ionic spark or zekes herald call ANYONE bad (and explicit things) is beyond me.

I swear some games the people type more than they use their ability's.

I guess my real question is, as a community, do you guys take dominion games seriously?

Edit: Just a side note; from my own experience, dominion was much more fun and enjoyable when it was released.
I take dominion seriously when I play it. When I play, I don't get that many trolly teamates as you seem to get. I do have to say I get more of the kind of people I dislike in dominion than in SR.

thtshtwasLotto

03-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katorian View Post
What, you dont see this in any other maps or modes? Dont believe that for a moment. Its just as rampart in other areas as it is in Dominion. With that said, its pretty obvious why. Dominion is such a team based map that its hard to pull ahead or behind in win or loss, so you'll be in the middle. People around there are hit or miss, in my experience at least.

The higher you get, the better the people usually are. You got the odd ragers and trolls, sometimes leavers, but overall its pretty good. Just like in ranked and normals, the more you win, the better the competition gets. The higher you are, the more serious people will start taking it. In a good way, people dont troll, rage or feed even close to as much.

If you think any area of the game is better than another, you are kidding yourself. Play ranked and dodge down to 800 Elo or something, then tell me it has a better experience than Dominion. You'll be surprised.
Wasn't implying that dominion was a worse game mode but that simply the summoners that tend to play it are a little more crass and ill mannered.

And I don't need a lecture about ranked, I stated that i have 300+ ranked wins at the beginning of this thread.

GG4eva

03-17-2012

I just play it whenever I want to play AP Shaco

iProbie

03-17-2012

well, I guess dominion will end up just like twisted treeline

neglected in the abyss by their own creators...