Taric Help!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xavarn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSlug View Post
AP Tarics become a healing monster late game, while still being sorta squishy. Aura Taric pushes so hard there is no late game.
That says it all right there. while Ap taric is allowed it isnt as viable as support taric

Savsta

08-01-2010

So if Im basing my auras on my team, and i have say two guys that dont use magic I would be best focusing on aegis and starks first? or do u get Shroud for the cooldown aura as well as the mana regen for yourself? And im thinking of running with my caster setup of mp5/18 selas and glyphs, mpen marks and health quints. Good enough?

Also, if I am solo queuing should I avoid playing taric? Or thats the time I can branch out and play him a little different for fun? Or just stick to using him as a support at any stage?

RocketSlug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2010

Whether or not I grab Mana Manip predominantly depends on who I'm laning with. I'll try to request a mana champ, because 2/5 non-mana champs is still okay wrt the mana aura, because Soul Shroud's cooldown aura's useful, and Chalice affects the entirety of your mana regen, so buying it later after, say, MM, makes its passive all the more effective.

Runes-wise, yeah, that sounds fine. Really, all you need are some good mana regen runes and you're all set for running whatever else you want. As for solo queue, like I said, it depends on your team comp. I usually don't play Taric unless we have at least 2 melee DPS champs in solo queue. If I'm with a buddy whom I can coordinate with, then I might relax that policy (Taric/Janna lane combo ftw). I've been meaning to try doing some AP Tarics for fun, but nothing gets my juices flowing like "Your team has destroyed a turret."

sogy

08-01-2010

ive only played taric recently but ive done fairly well with him if my team already has a tank ill do this build but if it doesnt ill go tank

heres my support/hybrid mage build
1.start with meki and build into chalice ( get whatever pots u want)
2. after chalice i build boots merc,ninja,or mobility usually sumtimes ill grab sorcerers
3.guinsoo's rageblade i lvoe this on taric its just good gives u more mana regen from passive and faster heal CD cuz of AS good for shatter dmg too
4.nashors tooth is good fgor AS and AP also the CDR helps aton
5. guardian angel usually for armor/MR and a rez helps me alot really if they happen to take me down i get back up and get the hell out if its more than 2 with high HP
6. Rylai's scepter is good for HP AP and a slow on shatter

u can switch 5+6 if u want i do more often than not
k just my support/mage build thought you might like to try it

Savsta

08-01-2010

So even with all my regen runes I should go with meki?

xavarn

08-01-2010

imo Soul Shroud > Chalice

Savsta

08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavarn View Post
imo Soul Shroud > Chalice
Is this due to the cooldowns as well? So no matter my runes I should still aim for this item at least for myself even if I dont have many mana using champs who can benefit?

xavarn

08-02-2010

its the fact that shroud helps ur team as well

Savsta

08-02-2010

Had a game with Taric. Got Soul Shroud first item, but it turns out I would have been better going the mage/hybrid build. My team just didnt know how to use taric and they thought my heal was off cooldown every **** sec. Oh well. have to save him for when I play same time as my mate.

Leirkov

08-02-2010

Taric is a nice, rewarding champion to pick up, glad you're interested in him.

In my first ten games playing Taric in ranked, I had an 80% win rate. He makes a nice addition to any team.

I build him with the support-tankability that I feel he should.

I start with a Meki Pendant and 1 HP pot and 1MP pot. Just in case you're getting zoned out or something and you need quick mana/HP that you can't replenish your passive and such.
Build Meki into Chalice and get Mercury Treads, due to Shatter giving you armor, you want as much MR as possible to survive, so in mid game scrimmishes when you have these items, you're going to be REALLY hard to kill.

After that, I build Aegis, it's probably the greatest aura item for survivability.

From there it really depends on what's going on. If I have someone like Anivia/Annie on my team I can make a Soul Shroud. If there's an Ashe or AD Ezreal on the enemy team and they're giving us a hard time, Frozen Heart to make them shut up is nice, and you get almost +100 armor.

After that I get a Guardian Angel if it goes THAT long. You'll never kill Taric after that.

Also, the funny thing with Taric is that everyone wants to kill you. There was a 4v5 game once (me being on the 4 side) and we almost won. Every single time my face popped out, I would get jumped by all 5 people. It was hilarious watching my team ace them while I was the only one who died. However we missed out on some power, so.. we lost.