Unkillable Warwick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stiff Tacos

03-16-2012

Sometimes I like to man up and ask for help. This is one of those times.

I'm steadily climbing Elo and have started seeing more and more Warwicks. I've started playing Urgot, and I'm getting pretty good, but I don't know what to do against Warwick. I don't have enough burst to take him down, and he out sustains me by far. Executioner's Calling is a great item, but not for Urgot who has no use for crit chance or life steal.

Short of running ignite 24/7, what can I do? I always get scared to do anything bot when Warwick isn't accounted for.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2012

Yell at the other ADs to get exec?

MR works too

konfetarius

03-16-2012

WW is a very strong duelist, so don't duel him. He is vulnerable to kiting if he can't bring you down to activate his E with his opening R+Q. Quick Silver sash is a great way to neuter his ability to own your squishy face. Magic resist in general is important - if you have low MR and he can get enough flat penetration/reduction to bring you to zero, he is going to **** you up with his Q's.

In team fights, either ignore him until he is the last target or hit him with everything you got so he dies first. WW can easily survive focus fire from 1-2 heroes (and if fed, even 3) long enough for his team to wreck you, and he thrives in terms of drawing out fights because his tanking ability is based off great healing (in other words, he grows tankier the longer the fight goes).

FDru

03-16-2012

Hit W, hit him with Q to slow him, land an easy E, spam Q til E wears off, hit him with another Q again, then land another E, spam Q etc.

All you need is to hit him once and he can't touch you. Same as every other melee without a gap closer. If you're good enough you can stay out of range of his ult too.

FuzzyLuffle

03-16-2012

Also, as an Urgot, Lifesteal and Critical strike isn't useless. You are still a form a Carry, and your auto attacks when they crit will do more damage than your Q. You just tend to auto-attack less often and benefit more from direct AD because of Q, but it is still a central part of playing him.

If your getting ganked bot though, get help, call for a gank and be the person with the 2v1 instead of the enemy. Play hyper-defensive is also an option (only last hit, keep minions intentionally close to your side's tower), though one where if you die you lose the point.

konfetarius

03-16-2012

Oh, that too. Urgot actually deals a ton of damage if you remember to auto-attack.

Aparkhurst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiff Tacos View Post
Executioner's Calling is a great item, but not for Urgot who has no use for crit chance or life steal.
I personally think crit and life steal are GREAT on Urgot. I understand that he is an ad caster, but he still does autoattack between Q spam.

One of the trickiest things about bot lane is knowing when you can be aggressive and knowing when a gank is coming (I am terrible at this).

GeneralDirection

03-17-2012

I try to ban WW every chance I get. There are just too many champions that can't handle him. If, however, you have the misfortune to duel one, try to get him in a 2v2 fight or greater. He is best in 1v1 where attacking a single target allows him to stack life regeneration via his passive. In larger fights, teammates can back up/kite to force Warwick to either give chase and attack less, or force him to switch targets, resetting his stacks. Lastly, stuns really mess up his ultimate, so make sure your team has access to at least 2-3 sources of stun, not counting whoever your bot is.