Maw of Malmortius - huh?

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 21
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shyric

03-16-2012

I, like more than a few people here, got pretty excited when Morello let slip we were getting a new AD caster item. And then we actually found out what our new "AD caster" item actually did.

My first reaction was a giant question mark.

How is this intended to be a good AD caster item, exactly? Sure, defense and damage is great, but neither the magic shield or the scaling damage is what we were looking for. Most people asking for an AD caster item were expecting some combination of AD, spellvamp, CDR, ArP, and/or maybe health. This...is an item that's going to get used by metagolems and Tryndamere, as if they needed the help.

Really hoping I can get some clarity here. Try to keep it civil in case the reds are inclined to respond.

Shyric

03-16-2012

One bump for luck.

LeBonkers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2012

I'll use it on Talon mid. Are you saying that you will not?

Shyric

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafflator View Post
I'll use it on Talon mid. Are you saying that you will not?
Ooh, I didn't even think of that. Good point.

Still not impressed by this thing.

Marven345

03-16-2012

Get it on Tryndamere or something. That passive OP.

Lainchan

03-16-2012

it's like
if you want damage and magic resist on a right clicking champion you get wit's end most of the time

but this item gives raw AD and magic resist and some pretty cool passives for fighter characters, so it's more attractive to AD caster type tanky DPS characters

LeBonkers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyric View Post
Ooh, I didn't even think of that. Good point.

Still not impressed by this thing.
It may not have been the most "ideal" AD Caster Item, but there are two things I like about it:

1) They built it off of one of the many midgame items that I believe should built into something cool. This list of items includes Chalice of Harmony, Haunting Guise, Soul Shroud, and Brutalizer needs another.

2) They're delivering two things that have been long since promised this patch along with it. The new support

I am happy with this patch.

tenrel

03-16-2012

why can't we just get our ad caster item? how hard is it to take 3300 or so gold, and distribute it into AD, CDR, and Arpen? instead we get an item that is going to be a must buy on almost every tanky dps in the game, but still not much better for AD casters than what we have.

all we are asking for is an AD item, comparable to IE/BT that doesn't give any wasted stats like AS, Crit, and lifesteal.

dont get me wrong, it looks like a good item, its just not the right item.

Great Owl

03-16-2012

If they gave spell vamp to ad ad it would be problematic, given AD champs benefit from lifesteal and often have build in sustain.
Also spell vamp was too strong on many AP's especially those without mana. There are even more mana less AD casters. I feel its possible but might impact the health of the game.

Hughn Stone

03-16-2012

Maw of Malmortius? Can anyone give me a link / tell me the stats of the items please?

1234511 ... 21