Lulu Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tetsuo Ryuu

03-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstLine Optive View Post
Olaf buff, Jax buff and Irelia Nerf and Sona Nerf.. Can you guys explain that a little more, please? I don't understand why Olaf and Jax gets a buff, when they are already op at this point. And Sona's nerf? Morello, why you hate supports and Irelia? Also love Shaco? Omg, don't let op things be too OP things
I wouldn't really consider Jax "OP", if you think so, I'd invite you to play one.
I am still not sure if this change should be considered a "Buff" since his damage output got reduced...

ELFRADO

03-17-2012

I don't understand why people complain about champions that are "op" when all there doing is falling into the champions game mechanics. For example face checking bushes when you know shaco is in the jungle or simply over extending with out warding the river or tri-bush.

I feel like there is to many people that look to riot to Nerf a so called "op" champions when they should look at how the play there lane on a game to game basis.

Nice B.T. Nerf/buff btw

DarksideAquarius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2012

I disagree on Lifesteal nerf, I know its pretty unbalanced now against Spellvamp, that's why I would like to see Spellvamp getting buffed instead of Lifesteal nerfed, this game is just getting more boring with every new patch.

TifaLockheartFF7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2012

if you want to nerf rammus' ganking, i say lower the duration of his powerball. if he winds up and you start running, even with flash i feel like he is almost always going to catch you, and always going to kill you. or even better, just make the unit hit by powerball suffer a knockback instead of the current cc, that way the angle he hits u at makes a difference, so the positioning and route u take to escape can make it a skillful decision. makes more sense anyway, armored spinning rock hits u, its not just gonna cripple you-its gonna send you flying opposite the direction it hit you from, and the faster he is going, the farther u are knocked back. newtons 3rd law. so a skilled rammus would try to actually head u off, and hit you from the front, knocking you backwards. would still make it deadly if used correctly, but a smart player would be able to counter it better.

And for Shaco, I feel like his ganks are too strong because red buff+the slow on his two shiv makes him impossible to run from in most cases. and running from him gives him bonus damage on you, so trying to run is usually giving him a free kill because he slaughters anyone who tries to flee. and if you start to get away, he can use the range on his two shiv and then you are stuck giving him extra damage again because he can catch up easier. how to balance this imo would be to remove his actual passive when two shiv is on cooldown, or lower the range on it, so a well timed flash can actually save your life more often.

and about lifesteal...i have mixed feelings about the nerf. I agree that my being able to run into the jungle with 3 BT's and instantly heal myself off 2-3 monsters is a bit much...so why not make the % of lifesteal halved on non-champions? that way it encourages player engagement to get the full effect of the lifesteal. or just make lifesteal a passive effect on items, so players cant just stack BT and get 100% lifesteal AND a **** load of damage. you cant stack spell vamp for mages so why be able to stack lifesteal on AD characters who can crit 1k damage, heal for 100% of it, and land those attacks twice a second? the balance there is unseen, and is currently more in favor of the auto attackers.

>>>>what i want so see if a nerf to GP. His parley can crit-which makes him (randomly might i add) able to kill most champions before level 5 WAY too fast at range. Being a melee champion I think this is too much. i say either remove the crit, add crits to all the other champions with targetable attacks, or make is a 120-140% bonus damage instead of what it is now. or at the very least, lower the ridiculous scaling on it, or make it scale with AP.
>The amount he can heal from his Remove Scurvy is a bit much too. Compare the amount it heals with other champions heal. Bear in mind GP is a damaging champion. He can heal himself for MORE than sorakas heal after both skills are level 2. Tarics level 5 is the same as gangplanks level 3 heal. Nidalees level 5 heal is somewhere between level 2-3 for gp. Sona needs a level 2 heal to match GPs level 1, and her level 5 is WORSE than gps level 2. Why, oh why, does a carry have a better heal than pretty much all the other support champs??? Now, I get that a lot of their heals have secondary effects. GPs, can instantly get him out of cc.....which is honestly, better than all of those other effects in most cases he would find himself in. Get rid of his cc removal, or make it where he can only reduce the effects of current cc.
>His ultimate is too much imo. Being able to use it anywhere, without any warning, is too much. I can be hiding under my turret at bot lane, and he can be safely at his nexus, or in the middle of a fight top lane, and he can deny me the protection of my turret without any warning, and if he doesnt kill me with it, the cc from it will keep me from doing anything. I say make his ultimate require a 2-3 second channel, and make it like ziggs' ultimate where it gives champions a few seconds to run before it actually takes effect. The way it is now, its like the cannons had randomly already shot the cannonballs, the balls were in mid air, and Gangplank like a God, commanded them all to suddenly rain down in the same area. Maybe after he uses it, players hear a loud boom, the area gets marked, and 2 seconds later the cannonballs come raining down. Which is still unrealistic but way more fair imo. also, Karthus has a crazy ultimate, but it can be stopped by denying his channel, and it can be seen so that champions know to pop their heal or use a shield ability before it damages them. And even ziggs' ultimate has a max range. Why doesnt gp's? And why the slow? Maybe make it where the longer you stay in the center, the cc builds on you, or only activate the cc if you are hit by a cannonball. in its current state, it takes minimal skill to use effectively, nearly impossible to counter, and impossible to see it coming.

anyway, long rant, and i hope im not the only one who feels this way on these issues.

xPipkinx

03-17-2012

Sorry guys, but is the Orianna rework included in this patch?

MochiZ

03-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Quick question: do you feel this preview was effective at explaining why we're making these changes?

Regardless of if you like the changes or agree, I want to know if they're understood.
I do understand the changes, and why they make it. But already too much nurf on rammus, it really have low jungle speed vs other jungler if you do not have the Flat armor rune and attack speed rune. And reduce the Armor of Rammus decrease the use as tank. I will think it is going to be like another shen before overpower it. And if you want to reduce the gank of rammus, then just make the powerball only 5s and cd reduce to 6s after you quit powerball and no flash during use of powerball. Therefore you can get away by so many ways, use your minions, run away for 3s ( if you do not ward, you just going to get ganked no matter what and no matter whom.) 5s is not long time, so rammus player can not just powerball from jungle area or outside ward warning area to the lane in one run without seem by ward, but lower the the CD on powerball do keep the movement speed for rammus to get back to lane or jungle area or have some speed for early game catch of champions. And do you know a rammus in lane vs any ranged ablities champion is really painful, there is no ranged attack on rammus like other champions, and also rammus have a very low movement without powerball. Therefore if you keep lower the rammus jungling speed at beginning, there will be disappear of rammus just like shen before buff. Where did you want rammus be? Lane top? get killed by most of the solo top champions. Lane mid? You know what going to happen. Lane bot? As ADC? or As Support? Rammus need gold to become tank!!!!! So the most likly place is the jungle area, but if you do not have the flat rune, a rammus gets out with 1 armor + 5 health is going to be so low health gets out of the blue area. And other jungler can clear half of the wolfs again with out loss too much health, that make the rammus really back at level and sometimes get killed by the monster at lv 2~4, the monster do increase health and damage at the max level champion on the map, you have to get back to base heal in between!!! Do you want there is only one way to play rammus? So buff the jungle speed of rammus at beginning (1~4) and lower the gank power of rammus!!!! Or even you can increase the time of the powerball by level not at one time only!!!!!
@riot

dartmour

03-17-2012

Well, finally Irelia got nerfed.

Good job!

MiBios

03-17-2012

No janna nerfs at moment, i like that. and i predict that we will see a lot of supports with Herald =)

Kody119

03-17-2012

better nerf irelia

Azitu MuerteLuna

03-17-2012

good and bad. jax is broke. lifesteal fix is nice.