Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Lulu Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Para

03-16-2012

poor irelia :|

HoneyBadgerNZ

03-16-2012

You know what I like...

Nerfs to Wriggles Lantern means Lee Sin will also get a bit of a nerf.

Not that Honey Badger cares

Wriggle

Adjudicator

03-16-2012

Quote:
Typhron:
No. No. Not cool bro.
Oh. I thought I of all people were allowed to have a say

Thaiya

03-16-2012

The lifesteal changes are welcome. I found it odd that Riot has been nerfing spell vamp items so often and leaving lifesteal untouched.

Scimatth7

03-16-2012

I applaud the lifesteal changes, and grudgingly agree with irelia's w change...but her ult? Really? The healing on it is so low now that it was only good for staying in lane.

Though I do not know how much the cd is being nerfed, is there any chance that you can change it so that the cd is even longer than whatever your current test version is, but significantly buff the regen against champions?

freewilliam17

03-16-2012

LOL i love the explanations the dude made :P

caidus

03-16-2012

Quote:
Morello:
Picked all the time as the/one of the best top laners is her weakest spot? Holy ****. We should have nerfed her months ago.

Lemy get this straight you nerf Irelia's sustain yet ignore the other power full sustains such as lee sin, udyr and Yorick?

deepbluereason

03-16-2012

BT change is good. I'm on the fence about everything else. I'll need to see the patch notes.

Deave

03-16-2012

all item wise sustain was nerfed in the last few patches. thus increasing the value of sustain for any champion that has a built in form of it. irelia being one example. but what about yorik, or nidalee or udyr? as a melee hero its almost impossible to go head to head against udyr. yorik has unmatched sustain and harass in lane. it would be acceptable if nerfing irelia was also follow up by nerfed to other high sustain champions but this simply makes already really strong champions even more imba.

xElliot

03-16-2012

Quote:
Pathunter:
She is certainly very strong, but can you argue that there are stronger champions to be picked? Even if she is strong there are few of us who believe her to be overpowered; she's a top pick but not an overwhelming pick that counters many top laners.

In fact, while she is a solid, decent pick, and I think many of us in the community need to see the reasons behind the decisions; because "she has too much sustain" is not exactly valid when many other champs have much more -- ie. shen, yorick, cho'gath, warwick, udyr. Many of us are merely worried that she will become nerfed to almost unplayable -- as champs have been in the past, and it is worrying when she is the focus of numerous nerfs.

Perhaps hiten style nerf was warranted (even when not knowin how much it was nerfed -- in patch notes later but still) but irelia's ult really seems lackluster compared to everything else in her kit. It does 160 dmg x 4 at lvl 3 with a 2.4 bonus ad ratio and heals for 25% from champs and 10% from minions. Thats 640 physical damage healing for maybe 200 if you're lucky and the opponent does not have a lot of armour. If you hit the cooldown, say the laning phase, at least increase something about the ultimate to balance -- perhaps a better bonus ad scaling, or maybe a bit of a slow -- which would encourage people to save the ultimate for champions as well.

The point is her ult does not carry much utility other than a lackluster heal... she is an assassin yes, but champions like lee sin have an ultimate that serves a purpose aside from damage -- his ult does 600 with a 2.0 bonus ad scaling which is nearly the same damage as irelia's ultimate but his knocks back 1200 units. Even Cho'gath's ultimate does 650 true damage but gives him maximum health. Mordekaiser's ultimate gives a puppet; Kennen's ultimate can stun 5 people at once at lvl 3 rank. Gangplank's ult is global and slows. If you nerf the ult, buff something else about it because it is already lacking.

This is surprisingly accurate. Good research, I throw in my support.