Lulu Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iamBlayz

03-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolich View Post
If a champions is strong in competitive play players can easily use those champions in normals and stomp hard; the chances are that champions that are strong in competitive play are annoying to deal with in lower ELO matches as well. The only changes they should make to cater for lower ELO players, like myself, is to 'change' champions that are unbelievably annoying; these champions should be changed because for most people it requires too much thinking and/or effort to play against - ex: Evelyn and Twitch.
^^ this is the exact reason they dont cater to low skill level players, because too many of them simply dont want to have to think

they like being able to just pick whoever they want and do good and beat people, but then when some other champ does that to them they feel like its a problem, its only okay for champs they pick to be good

champs like twitch/evelyn dont even take real thinking, you buy a vision ward, place vision ward, and you cut those champion's effectiveness in half, but instead most people would just rush damage items cause they think its okay for them to just get straight damage and win

pro-tip: if you dont want to have to think, dont play games that involve strategy or play against bots

and if you still really dont understand how bad lower skill level players are go look in the forum about champ suggestions, i've seen people say fiora's ult is too weak and needs to be buffed, then 2 posts down another person says fiora's ults too powerful, people complaining that heimer isnt good because champs like ziggs do more damage, even though the game devs specifically said since hes a skillshot champion and his damage isn't guaranteed that allows them to give him higher damage spells, but low level players dont take any of these things into consideration, if what they like isnt easily effective they feel the game devs need to change the game to make it easier for them

look how many people complained about the lifesteal nerf before they even knew how much the items were being changed, whining about how much its gonna ruin their builds as if 3% lifesteal is gonna bring on the apocalypse for junglers

its pretty simple, bad players opinions are way to varied and biased on illogical reasons, while high level tournament players tend to actually think about different scenarios and how they can be solved before simply saying something is broken or needs to be buffed/nerfed

SheriffV2

03-19-2012

I just want the new AD Caster item to come out with this patch...

sneakyturtlepoo

03-19-2012

great changes.... excited. wonder how Shaco will play now....

XeaL

03-19-2012

Outstanding set of proposed changes. I was hoping for a few things more but the stuff that is being done is all right on the money, especially the Irelia nerf.

Striker19

03-19-2012

noooooo why nerf irelia.......hoo well......patch notes pliz

PhantasmiX

03-19-2012

Those changes look fair to be honest.

Ok but Irelia's sustain without activation was cut in half ._. I was thinking it was gonna be like 5 per level or something dayum.

ticon2am

03-19-2012

and dont NERF FIORA....

shadowstepninja

03-19-2012

irelia nerf? lol W im not too worried about, just her ulti, i last hit with Q, and heal with philo stone

JohnnyW

03-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Nerfs aren't about how many, or dishing out "punishment," they're about getting champions to balanced. She's still the strongest pick after 4 nerfs...you do realize how strong she is, correct?
Morello....why don't you just nerf Irelia's true damage from Hiten Style instead of avoiding the real issue with her?

Portalturtle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2012

These nurfs and buffs accomplish some of the problems but there are more op champs in the game than irelia although she is a very good solo top. The LifeSteal Reduction i can agree with unless the numbers are super high. lifesteal can be used to stay in lane longer to regen hp from those small lane fights and constant pokes from ranged champs. Building lifesteal makes you loose alot of other bonus's from other builds. Just keep the nurf numbers reasonable and i will be happy