Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Lulu Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

liquid H2

03-16-2012

NOOOOOOOOO. My irelia... T.T

Zempra

03-16-2012

buffs to jax and nerfs to irelia, are you kidding me.
Jax was op anyway and Irelia was underpowered.
Good job riot why not just ruin the game a little further with putting a god champion in, one that gives an automatic win right when the game starts.
Pretty much doing that anyway, nerf everyone to make Jax own them further.

Clerigon

03-16-2012

Hey morello why you dont just remake irelia? is look like you guy dont have any idea to how balance her.

santiaguito86

03-16-2012

Everithing was right everithing but WHY NERF IRELIA (regardless the joke) WHYY???? she was counterable, she has a weak lane phase and now you weak that lane phase even more WHYYYYYY???

Wulfy

Recruiter

03-16-2012

nerfing the bonus lifesteal on BT was probably abit much, but everything else was pretty decently thought out. >.>

HasturHastur

03-16-2012

Quote:
Morello:
Quick question: do you feel this preview was effective at explaining why we're making these changes?

Regardless of if you like the changes or agree, I want to know if they're understood.

I feel like the changes don't take into account matchups at all. The videos you show are of duo lane tops, ganks on half health champs, etc. I don't feel like the examples reflect realistic situations where every player is doing his best to stay near full health.

Things I don't understand:

Rammus powerball usability buff when that is his core mechanic for ganking. If a rammus screws up a powerball, it can save you from a gank, which is what he's too good at. I don't feel like the base stats are the right thing to hit, especially since his base armor and health are already less than other tanks (jungle or toplane)

Jax losing frontloaded damage steroid (free guinsoo's on lv 6 is backloaded, AA reset is hardly a steroid)

Lifesteal: The issue seems to be with lifesteal based on non-interactive gameplay, where a carry leaves a team fight, lifesteals, then mops up. Or a a carry trades in lane, farms, and trades again at full health. If that's the case, why is lifesteal also being nerfed in a dueling or teamfight environment where it's necessary to stay alive against champs with higher burst like graves or sivir who can frontload their damage more.

Petekes

03-16-2012

Quote:
Peekoh:
Doesn't this Lifesteal nerf kind've kill the Lifesteal Quintessences?

Actually they buffed the lifesteal quints as they are worth more now.

Zorothar

03-16-2012

Now, I agree with almost everything on this patch and especially love the thirster buff.
however.
I think you're going about nerfing lifesteal the wrong way. I have always played lifesteal champs. champions like shyvana, warwick, even an AD cho, and while I can see what you're trying to do here, i believe adding a cap to lifesteal is a better way of going about this than simply making the items weaker. Early game it may give you some sustain, but even with the twin fang ability on shyvana, when i have a phage and a vampiric scepter I only get around 26 hp back per usage. Just something to take into consideration.

Oey

03-16-2012

irelia nerf....? wtf

Caedis

03-16-2012

Nerfing lifesteal but not nerfing things like Atma's seems kind of odd, honestly. The bloodthirster buff was very welcome, however.

Edit: Morello, the patch previews are excellent. Even if some of the changes seem weird to me, the explanations of why are solid. (e.g, Irelia ult cooldown increase).

*changed dumb to odd, haha