How to counter Poppy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerocool947

08-01-2010

I have never seen a Poppy that has not completely facerolled everything, and I have yet to find a hero or strategy that can effectively counter her. Am I missing something obvious, or was there a reason for giving her a buff within the last month?

TheZeusJuice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-01-2010

Poppy is anti-rape, Poppy can get people out of situations. I don't think Poppy is OP or anything, I think you've just ran into some good players :l.

Euant

08-01-2010

Once Poppy's ultimate is over the only thing she has going for her in terms of chasing or escaping is a small (and short) speed boost. Anyone with a slow should be able to chase her down given enough room. But yes Poppy is one of the champions that is very tough to beat with a good player behind her.

If you ever played as Annie you may like to know that her charge attack has about as much range as the tip of her cone of fire. Should help you keep a safe distance. Also if you see her not attacking minions but suddenly use her two abilities (Devastating Blow and Paragon of Demacia which both add a unique glowing effect) then she's probably thinking of gunning for you or an ally.

Liquidone

08-01-2010

Last Whisper

Helixfire

08-01-2010

Poppy is a destroying machine, I play morde and its cause of my shield that im able to beat her but I've yet to figure out something reliable other than makeshift of the top of the head plans.

DhalBelly

08-01-2010

poppy sucks at farming so dont give her kills so she wont get money.........suck is a understatement..she one of the worst

Zerocool947

08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZeusJuice View Post
Poppy is anti-rape, Poppy can get people out of situations. I don't think Poppy is OP or anything, I think you've just ran into some good players :l.
I mean every single one I have ever seen in mid to high Elo. Any DPS will just make her stronger as they attack, and any mage is too squishy to survive the onslaught before the silence/stun attack (lolwut?) just completely shuts them down.

PandaFriend

08-01-2010

trynda, would be a good champ to counter her, if you play him right his ult will stop her ult and his slow will keep her from running away.

NickTheTactician

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerocool947 View Post
I mean every single one I have ever seen in mid to high Elo. Any DPS will just make her stronger as they attack, and any mage is too squishy to survive the onslaught before the silence/stun attack (lolwut?) just completely shuts them down.
DPS will not make a good Poppy stronger as they attack because Poppy will already be using Paragon (and hitting something). Secondly, Poppy does not have a silence and fighting in the open will prevent her Charge from stunning you.

Zerocool947

08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheTactician View Post
DPS will not make a good Poppy stronger as they attack because Poppy will already be using Paragon (and hitting something). Secondly, Poppy does not have a silence and fighting in the open will prevent her Charge from stunning you.
Want to tell me how I got silenced every time poppy charged me?