Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Olaf vs. Irelia Top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Support At 20

03-16-2012

So I've been trying to master olaf top, but one thing I just can't get past is irelia. Like most match ups I do amazing early game, but once we get into mid game irelia just jumps on me and does tons of damage to me while i'm stunned and I just don't know how to counter her mid game. Anyone have some suggestions?

jaunty22

03-16-2012

Yell at monitor. Press E. Win lane.

Build a whole mess of defense in there somewhere too.

donkeykong98123

03-16-2012

Do you run away when she jumps on you, or do you fight? If you run you should stay and fight. You should be able to lifesteal all of the damage back with your W and out damage her with good Qs and Es.

Also, max your E first if not already doing so.

erjdrifter

03-16-2012

e her all day, you should have put her so behind early that if she tries to fight you she should lose, also if she is able to get s tun off make sure you ult right away.

Support At 20

03-16-2012

So when she jumps me should i just e and auto her and then w minions, or should I drop everything I have to try and kill her?

Brinzy

03-16-2012

Watch low health friendly minions.

E her when she goes there.

Repeat.

Olaf smashes Irelia.

DaBlackadin

03-21-2012

I've been having problems too. I can't see how he beats her, but I'm not lvl 30 yet. :/

Brinzy

03-21-2012

Thread looks familiar.

But anyway you will wreck her in a flat out duel especially post 6 and with ghost and ult you can escape most ganks. Just sit in the wave on minions and E her when she goes in to last hit. You don't have to try to kill her. Just park yourself there. If she tries to kill you, you just pop your own cooldowns and teach her a lesson.

I Care So Much

03-21-2012

Just camp your low health friendly minions, she'll surely Q to it to get the gold, you get to free harass all day.

BIG RETARD ALERT

03-21-2012

Quote:
WindHero:
So I've been trying to master olaf top, but one thing I just can't get past is irelia. Like most match ups I do amazing early game, but once we get into mid game irelia just jumps on me and does tons of damage to me while i'm stunned and I just don't know how to counter her mid game. Anyone have some suggestions?

cuz ur items are trash and u can't counter her for ****.