Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Veigar on Dom - Why so hated?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glorious Bird

03-18-2012

Poor mobility.
CC with a long cooldown.
Q isn't particularly great damage until you're stacked.
Requires creep farm to get your AP up enough.
He is an okay counter to AP champs with his combo, but AP champs are already weak and not totally common en masse in LoL.

Asvarduil

03-18-2012

Quote:
Akesgeroth:
Veigar is fine for Dominion. People tend to think he can't do well since you don't farm much on Dominion, but the fact that you start at level 3 and gear up fast means you also skip that early match portion where Veigar is powerless.

This. Veigar is at his worst from Lv.1-3. The fact that you start with 1400ish gold tends to help, as you can provide him a basic "mage assasin" build almost immediately.

In other news: yes, Veigar is squishy. If Veigar is caught alone - or misses - or has no backup - yes, he's a free kill. However, he's not the only champion that applies to. I play Sona, who has a similar condition in Dominion.

The way to overcome it? Play/coordinate with your team. Dominion is very much a team sport...actually, this whole game is. As others have said - a Veigar who uses his abilities in concert with his team - Event Horizon topping the list - will tend to have a ton of assists, many kills, and a fair personal score.

Bennyzorga1

03-19-2012

i think that if they cant stand you for picking him and take all the credit are the people who ruin entire games i mean they should just freaking deal with it

grimunk

03-19-2012

I have good luck with him. I play him in dom because I don't have a ton of time and I figured being very good with 1 champ is better than mediocre with a bunch.

As long as I have a good mix of AD with me, I have no real problems, and do very well late game. Not being able to Q farm is completely overblown, because I often get to 100+ bonus AP, which isn't much different than normal.

DFG is a must though.

Kenmuir

03-19-2012

His problem is that his skill set doesn't even come close to spammable until 18 and lots of money into items. He also has trouble with item builds, he can't really get well rounded stats.

grimunk

03-20-2012

I dunno, perhaps it's just my low elo, but veigar's cooldowns are fairly easy to mitigate. All it takes is cdr runes + DFG and you hit the 40% cap on dominion. DFG is cheap and early in my build, and it's an extra cannon ability. Right out of the gate you can get the codex for another 10% - giving you a 35% cdr at the start of the game. That means cd's for Q are somewhere down around 4-5 and E is up every 13s. How much faster does it need to be to be considered 'spammable'?

Cherokeepimp

03-20-2012

Its because he's so squishy plain and simple.