Veigar on Dom - Why so hated?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swampfox357

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PretzelBagel View Post
I was facing a Poppy, Panth, and Fiora. All have gap closers and I still did fine. CDR blues + masteries + rushed DFG = plenty of CDR for Veigar. The key is smart play.
That's great. But what you did with veigar with smart play, you could do twice as well with better equipped champions. That's the problem.

I could start a new account and carry games with AD Fiddle. That doesn't mean I couldn't do it far easier with a real AD carry.

Commander Yordle

03-16-2012

So much Veigar hate in this thread.

Reminds me of when Ezreal was first released and was branded as trash tier for awhile. Good times.

Huniz

03-16-2012

Quote:

Reminds me of when Ezreal was first released and was branded as trash tier for awhile. Good times.
It's more of how you're presenting it, people have said that it "can" be done but other champs do it better. That's all. Generally using personal score as a means of "I did it right" is wrong. That's why it seems that there is hate. Reread some of the comments without the idea of that people hate Veigar in your head.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2012

^That
I havent really seen a single viegar hate post so far

BigDaddyRelish

03-16-2012

A lot of people hate Veigar because he needs to ramp up first. While this is somewhat true, there are a lot of weaknesses that are covered up.

Veigar is weakest during the lane phase. But since there is no lane phase or even the potential for gold denial, Veigar will always get itemized. This is a pretty significant boon if you ask me, and he can get very deadly rather quickly because of how well he scales.

The only real problem I have with him is that without his ultimate he doesn't have the kind of killing power other bursters do on Dominion. That being said, he can still be quite a force if played properly.

Nyx87

03-16-2012

Quote:

No no no nonononono, I LOVE Veigar, I was raised off him from level 1. When my friend introduced me to LoL, he asked what kind of characters do i like. I replied, ones that blow stuff up, and so he introduced me to Ryze(pre-rework) and Veigar. I love Katarina too! but that does not mean i am allowed to be blind to their glaring faults and weaknesses.

<3 Veigar, but he is not in a really good place right now.

IS1d5b61a8733e170555aa6

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
<3 Veigar, but he is not in a really good place right now.
That's wrong, though

Unless you mean exclusively on dominion

jars

03-16-2012

his stun isn't reliable and annie can do it better. without that ap boost he's weak

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

03-16-2012

Veigar's stun isn't unreliable. It's just difficult to use for most people.

Unreliable would be Ahri's Orb, which has to travel to the target and can be dodged if the opponent is looking for it.

Event Horizon appears instantly after the animation is complete. Veigar drops Event Horizon on you correctly and there is jack you can do about it except mash Cleanse.

Roundabout

03-16-2012

It's like when people be hatin on my Ap Nunu. idgaf if theyre fun to play.