Direct3d error

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Champerbutt

03-16-2012

About 2 days ago i could play lol. now it says it cannot load the launcher because of a direct3d error. i downloaded the newest directx and have restarted my computer but nothing helps...

Norak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champerbutt View Post
About 2 days ago i could play lol. now it says it cannot load the launcher because of a direct3d error. i downloaded the newest directx and have restarted my computer but nothing helps...
Can you please give the error word for word?

thewandererr

03-16-2012

Same problem. Upon executing lol.launcher.exe League of Legends splash logo displays followed by "Could not load direct3d" error--does not make it to the launcher. WinXP 32-bit, 8800GTS, latest ForceWare drivers (296.10), reinstalled DirectX 9.0c with no luck.

Norak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewandererr View Post
Same problem. Upon executing lol.launcher.exe League of Legends splash logo displays followed by "Could not load direct3d" error--does not make it to the launcher. WinXP 32-bit, 8800GTS, latest ForceWare drivers (296.10), reinstalled DirectX 9.0c with no luck.
Thanks for that, can you please go to DXDiag, under display can you check if Direct3D Acceleration is enabled?

thewandererr

03-16-2012

I rolled back my Forceware to 295.73 and it works now, so probably just a driver compatibility issue somewhere. Champerbutt try reinstalling your actual video card drivers (not DirectX drivers) also.

Norak

03-16-2012

Quote:
I rolled back my Forceware to 295.73 and it works now, so probably just a driver compatibility issue somewhere. Champerbutt try reinstalling your actual video card drivers (not DirectX drivers) also.
Thanks for coming back with your solution, it saves everyone time

Sickness by Bear

03-22-2012

Hey guys just got it working then i didnt have to unistall or anything like that i went into the folder "Riot games" then "league of legends" then i clicked on lol.launcher.admin and it worked fine after that i have windows 7 by the way but i cant imagine that would effect anything hope it helps guys =)

MachCaliber

03-22-2012

Quote:
I have the same problem and computer specs noted above except im running Windows 7 Home Edition. Any tips??

Farazormal

06-05-2012

i have the same problem as well. when i go into dxdiag it says: Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer. could someone give me a link to find a new driver. all the ones i found were in effective

Farazormal

06-05-2012

i have the same problem and when i open dxdiag and go into display it says: "Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer." i think i know what the problem is and how it can be fixed, can someone give me a link for a direct 3d device, all the ones i found were ineffective