FuzzyLuffle's Theory of Dominion

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EinzigerAI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjaja View Post
i'm so confused...



















why does it say "BEAR" everywhere!!!!!!!
ftfy


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrignardTS

Senior Member

03-16-2012

While RoA is less effective on Dominion, many champions such as:

Singed, Ryze, Karma, Maokai, and many bottom champions

Still consider it a core part of their build.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

avatarofrandom

Senior Member

03-16-2012

Good read. You meant Frozen Mallet in the first defense part lol.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FuzzyLuffle

Member

03-16-2012

Interesting, apparently I see the changes I made before it actually shows up for you all (either that, or you all are reading while I made the changes, huzzah reading!). As I've had two comments about the Mallet/Heart issue after I fixed it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by GrignardTS View Post
While RoA is less effective on Dominion, many champions such as:

Singed, Ryze, Karma, Maokai, and many bottom champions

Still consider it a core part of their build.
This can be true, but I have found overall you can actually bypass the RoA in many cases, favoring the Ryelias after a Tear or some other minor mana item (for example, I don't use it on Singed or Mao much anymore, but I do for Ryze). It depends slightly how you predict the game is going to go though. Also, its only that the Rod of Ages is less effective which is a change in Dominion, still a perfectly fine item.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrignardTS

Senior Member

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyLuffle View Post
This can be true, but I have found overall you can actually bypass the RoA in many cases, favoring the Ryelias after a Tear or some other minor mana item (for example, I don't use it on Singed or Mao much anymore, but I do for Ryze). It depends slightly how you predict the game is going to go though. Also, its only that the Rod of Ages is less effective which is a change in Dominion, still a perfectly fine item.
Since Catalyst is such a great bottom starting item, its easy for bottom laners to build RoA by minute 5-6, leaving it to charge fully by minute 15-16.

Especially in Singed's case who is getting >900 HP from the single item


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

avatarofrandom

Senior Member

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyLuffle View Post
Interesting, apparently I see the changes I made before it actually shows up for you all (either that, or you all are reading while I made the changes, huzzah reading!). As I've had two comments about the Mallet/Heart issue after I fixed it.
Yup, there was only one reply when I read it. I may read slowly but I read it all!

I think it would be nice to have a section on banning. Not just who to ban but why you should ban certain champs over others based on what you plan on picking. Included with that, it would be worth mentioning troll ban strategies when you have first pick and ban:

For instance, when you have first ban and you want somebody op, if you ban champs that counter the champ you want, ban them and force the other team to ban the high priority champs to hopefully leave whomever open for you. Also, you should always force the other team to ban rammus if you have first ban and thus giving you three bans and them only two. Those strats can be very useful in turning the tides of the game as many matches are won/lost at champ select.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FuzzyLuffle

Member

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrignardTS View Post
Since Catalyst is such a great bottom starting item, its easy for bottom laners to build RoA by minute 5-6, leaving it to charge fully by minute 15-16.

Especially in Singed's case who is getting >900 HP from the single item
I don't disagree. However, ill try to clarify this somehow in my broader concept, RoA is a legitimate item, but you can generally only do it by rushing Catalyst.


Quote:
Originally Posted by avatarofrandom View Post
Yup, there was only one reply when I read it. I may read slowly but I read it all!

I think it would be nice to have a section on banning. Not just who to ban but why you should ban certain champs over others based on what you plan on picking. Included with that, it would be worth mentioning troll ban strategies when you have first pick and ban:

For instance, when you have first ban and you want somebody op, if you ban champs that counter the champ you want, ban them and force the other team to ban the high priority champs to hopefully leave whomever open for you. Also, you should always force the other team to ban rammus if you have first ban and thus giving you three bans and them only two. Those strats can be very useful in turning the tides of the game as many matches are won/lost at champ select.
My issue with this is that my focus is more on dominion play in general, than pure draft/hypothetical ranked. Such strategies are just as valid and easily discussed in the context of summoner's rift. I'll consider it, but for now, I don't think its a suited fit towards my goals with this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProSauce VT

Senior Member

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyLuffle View Post
[CENTER]FuzzyLuffle’s Theory of Dominion

Kindlegem is second most cost effective cooldown item, offering 10% for 850 gold (or 375 gold over the HP crystal). Turns into many useful items for later, especially Shurelia’s Reverie, which is great for the movement speed boost.
Kindlegem is certainly a strong item by itself. I would add that it also builds into Spirit Visage which is actually extremely viable on many different champions and there builds simply because the passive affects all forms of healing (including lifesteal/Spellvamp). For example: running one on Ryze along with Will of the Ancients grants you essentially free Spellvamp (not just from the WotA but also from his ult) while granting more defensive stats in the process. In effect, it is a strong combo item.
Also note: the passive CDR from Kindlegem and any item built from it do stack.

I also think there should be mention, or indeed an entire separate entry, of Sheen/Trinity Force as it is effective on a wide range of champions beyond the classic Wukong/Irelia/Poppy trio in Dominion (I'm looking at you Urgot).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FuzzyLuffle

Member

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vastatio Tactics View Post
Kindlegem is certainly a strong item by itself. I would add that it also builds into Spirit Visage which is actually extremely viable on many different champions and there builds simply because the passive affects all forms of healing (including lifesteal/Spellvamp). For example: running one on Ryze along with Will of the Ancients grants you essentially free Spellvamp (not just from the WotA but also from his ult) while granting more defensive stats in the process. In effect, it is a strong combo item.
Also note: the passive CDR from Kindlegem and any item built from it do stack.

I also think there should be mention, or indeed an entire separate entry, of Sheen/Trinity Force as it is effective on a wide range of champions beyond the classic Wukong/Irelia/Poppy trio in Dominion (I'm looking at you Urgot).
Spirit Visage is actually one of the items I have in mind when I state " turns into many useful items later" (Really, all of the items are good, Shurelia's is just the most generically useful not knowing anything else and probably the most overlooked). I was aware of the stacking Kindlegem CDR, but by the time you get a Prospectors, Boots, Visage (or other Kindle-based item) and Kindlegem, your item slots start to actually begin becoming an issue usually, and you need to start developing towards one of the 'larger' items. Also, your already approaching 25% CDR at this time, which I do feel is vital, but its far from always necessary to rush max/40% CDR.

The issue with Sheen/Trinity is that these items are just as good in Dominion as in Rift really, I don't think anyone needs me telling that on a 'guide' focused on Dominion. But it is worth considering.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bonabon

Senior Member

03-16-2012

Very good post. Though #6 is partly misguided. All the information is solid, but promoting having multiple people cap/linger around one point to get the gold goes against the idea that it only takes one to cap a point, and that your resources would be better allocated elsewhere.


123