Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Regarding the "M5 banned" thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

undercover sbz

03-16-2012

That got closed down real fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSwYTJbYcgE#t=10m04

That's the link from the actual interview (in russian) with the manager of M5.

And the quote is:

Quote:
"So they have the green light to go to most big events right?"
"Yeah... ACTUALLY, just for you, for the Cyberfight portal, I'll say this. The organizer... nah, actually, the owner (this is not intended as the physical owner, it's more like the organizator) of Riot came to us and said "Guys, we'll be banning you for the next 2-3 tourneys". We're like, why?"
"So they fear the competition?"
"Yes, we Russians want to come to the USA and beat you on your own soil. But he just went nope, nope, we want some exciting tourneys and not Russian stomps. That's all. Pretty sad really, really unsportsmanlike of them"
"So what will you do now then?"
"Aaah it's ok really, we'll just be beating them in other tourneys. What does it matter, there are enough of them right?"

So the question here is whether it's BS and how much of it is BS. And if it's not BS, personally I find it flattering for them (I enjoy M5 plays the most).

EDIT: I am posting this, because unlike the majority of the community here, I understand what is he talking about in that video. The only debate here is whether there's been a misunderstanding when this event occurred (perhaps Riot was sarcastic) or perhaps it's an innocent jokingly told lie turned bad.

BrightNooblar

Recruiter

03-16-2012

Ya, except when this got posted on the EU forums, they all said that wasn't what the video was about, at all...

I'm guessing the EU forums speak better russian than you mate, sorry.

undercover sbz

03-16-2012

Quote:
BrightNooblar:
Ya, except when this got posted on the EU forums, they all said that wasn't what the video was about, at all...

I'm european. The 2nd unofficial language in my country is russian.
And I was surprised by how the "M5 banned" thread got banned for seemingly nothing, because after I watched the video, I can acknowledge, that he is in fact saying what is quoted.

Inb4 "y u no eu forums", because the NA is about 4x as active.

v3ctor

03-16-2012

Lol is this for real?

Siegfryd

03-16-2012

Even if that's what he really said it'd be a joke.

Bekkal

03-16-2012

This is sounding more and more like Rocky IV every time M5 does anything.

Light LaserTower

03-16-2012

M5 is LOVING this propganda.

*huehuehuehue guys the americans think Riot is banning us from turnies because we stomp them so hard, huehuehue, oooh we are gonna be the talk of the game for awhile.

NotoriousBLT

03-16-2012

While I think this could be total BS I'm still interested in knowing more about it. For all we know it could have just been a misunderstanding. The organizer might have jokingly said "We're banning you guys from the next few tournaments because you're too awesome, LOL!" and then M5's manager took it the wrong way.

Then again it could be true and if it is.... wtf?

Reverend Dibs

03-16-2012

Quote:
BrightNooblar:

it's actually an accurate translation. He begins speaking about LoL at 9:30

@10:04 listen closely for yourself

Podoshol k nam organizator.... tochneye, mojno skazat hozyayin Riota i skazal "Rebyata, mi vas banim na sleduyushiye dva - tri turnira"

still think the translations are frauding?

Kur0s

03-16-2012

seems legit