Arab

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iProbie

03-15-2012

Anyone here also routinely plays ARAB games?
I've been playing nothing but ARAB in the past 3 weeks and it's really fun (well, I played 4-5 normal dom games to avoid elo decay )
Yes, the game can be imbalanced (UP or OP) against many champs and it has its downsides, but overall I enjoy it.

it makes an already good fast-paced dominion gamemode into an even better game full of hectic teamfights between 5 and 5. (no more time wasted walking back and forth capping points, just 2 teams full of hungry *******s duke it out in a single lane!)

if you ask me who is the most powerful champ in ARAB if played effectively, I'm going to hand it over to twitch or tristana
both carries have excellent teamfight utilities,crazy steroids and their humongous range makes them difficult to dive/kite.
kog might be up there as well, but I don't really like him, probably just because I don't like him at all (cosmetically)

after plenty of ARAB games, you might say I'm "experienced" with this custom game mode but nevertheless, if you are interested in ARAB and have some questions, feel free to ask!
(I might even consider making a comprehensive ARAB guide just ftl)

Stralucire

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iProbie View Post
no more time wasted walking back and forth capping points
Because we came to Dominion to get away from spatially involved strategy, amirite?

Not that there's anything wrong with arab, when you get down to it. You guys want to faceplant champions at each other? Sure, go for it. But it's difficult to get past how much it sounds like derpy tug of war, or who-won-the-random-lottery?-mode.

Trolling aside, I do actually have a question, just to sate curiosity: how much of the jungle is fair game?

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2012

There is a lot of luck about which team wins based on comp, but its nowhere near as horrendous as ARAM. Better players generally win (no way!), and its really fun adapting strange, but workable builds into champs that you haven't played in a while.

For example, sometimes you have to go AD Annie/Zilean, or AP Yi/Nasus, and sometimes you just have to build differently if the game is pretty close, because you will often get a full build (IE 40% CDR Zilean spamming rewind can do quite a bit of damage from bombs, but also can be perma boosting teammates up to 2 at a time, and his ult only has around a 20 second effective cooldown)

iProbie

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stralucire View Post
Trolling aside, I do actually have a question, just to sate curiosity: how much of the jungle is fair game?
****, my English comprehension skills are bad with this one. care to elaborate?

shhbequiet9772

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2012

The bottom speed shrine is the boundary, can't go anywhere up to it or beyond

Stralucire

03-16-2012

So is it, "you cannot go into the speed shrine," or, "you cannot go higher than the speed shrine?"

iProbie

03-16-2012

the bushes below the speed shrine are fine
anything above them are off limits