Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ask the Prince

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Megling

11-10-2012

So, you talk big about all these monsters and stuff, do you actually have any proof?

Iron Ambássador

11-11-2012

Quote:
Ask Jarvan IV:
You warned me not to underestimate her prowess in hand to hand combat, and that is what I spoke of. I know full well that is not how she would choose to face me. And this is quite amusing, Poppy. You call me prideful and arrogant, yet you assume I've nothing more to offer than what you've seen of me on the fields. And the dragons and Baron on the Fields of Justice? Those are nothing, mere shadows of the true beasts. I have faced horrors that would crush the mockery of Baron Nashor as a child would an insect. And do not fool yourself into thinking you are the only one with the power of observation, Poppy; just as you've faced me on the Fields, so too have I faced you, and you are not without your own weaknesses.

Prince Jarvan, I know I have weaknesses, everyone has them. And I did not actually mean the Dragon of Summoner's Rift with the kind of Dragon I spoke of. I personally find Lady Shyvana a more threatening foe than the creation the Summoner's have on the Rift. And I know that the Baron we face upon the Fields is a "mockery" as you put it. I have heard tales of the original, monstrous baron. I just thought it bare mention that your pride and arrogance, are often weakening yourself in combat. You believe yourself stronger than you truly are, which will one day be your downfall Prince. Especially with the animosity between yourself and the Grand General of Noxus, Swain. I am quite certain he has made notes of your arrogance and pride, and has more than one plan on how to utilize them. Consider this a friendly warning more than anything else. Work on your behaviour, it will do you well in the long run. I personally shall work on my weaknesses, though I doubt the League will let me utilize whatever I manage to do upon the Fields. They are quite adamant on keeping everyone in "balance" after all.

- Poppy

Ask Jarvan IV

11-11-2012

Quote:
Ask the Megling:
So, you talk big about all these monsters and stuff, do you actually have any proof?

My armor and weapons. All of my lance is composed of various beasts I've slain, reinforced by steel. The extension mechanism was tricky to implement, but that itself was a natural trait of one of the monsters. My armor is not made entirely of creatures, but the plating is reinforced in vital areas with their carapaces. If you need more proof, I can show you the scars.

Quote:
Iron Ambássador:
Prince Jarvan, I know I have weaknesses, everyone has them. And I did not actually mean the Dragon of Summoner's Rift with the kind of Dragon I spoke of. I personally find Lady Shyvana a more threatening foe than the creation the Summoner's have on the Rift. And I know that the Baron we face upon the Fields is a "mockery" as you put it. I have heard tales of the original, monstrous baron. I just thought it bare mention that your pride and arrogance, are often weakening yourself in combat. You believe yourself stronger than you truly are, which will one day be your downfall Prince. Especially with the animosity between yourself and the Grand General of Noxus, Swain. I am quite certain he has made notes of your arrogance and pride, and has more than one plan on how to utilize them. Consider this a friendly warning more than anything else. Work on your behaviour, it will do you well in the long run. I personally shall work on my weaknesses, though I doubt the League will let me utilize whatever I manage to do upon the Fields. They are quite adamant on keeping everyone in "balance" after all.

- Poppy

Do not be so quick to assure me o my own downfall, Poppy. I do not believe myself stronger than I am, Poppy. I know well my limits. I am not the braggart I once was. I have learned much in my travels, about the world as well as myself. If Jericho Swain believes he will be able to rely on my pride to bring about my demise, he will find himself sorely disappointed.

Regardless.... there always seems to be quite a bit of disagreement concerning us in combat. Perhaps you would care to spar some time?

Ask Demon Jester

11-11-2012

An explosion of smoke announces Shaco's arrival, he prances his way over to Jarvan with a large grin on his face as he yells,
"JARVAN! BUDDY OLD PAL! How are you doing!? You haven't come to see me in sooooo LONG!"
Shaco flicks his wrist and a stiletto appears in his hand, he twirls it in the air as he looks at Jarvan,
"Got a sense of humor? Care to hear a joke? I hear it's a real... Killer..."

Ask the Megling

11-11-2012

Quote:
Ask Jarvan IV:
My armor and weapons. All of my lance is composed of various beasts I've slain, reinforced by steel. The extension mechanism was tricky to implement, but that itself was a natural trait of one of the monsters. My armor is not made entirely of creatures, but the plating is reinforced in vital areas with their carapaces. If you need more proof, I can show you the scars.

Those could be faked.

AODRG

11-11-2012

Randle walks into Jarvin's room, and is taken back slightly by the decorations around the room.

Randle approaches the crowned prince cautiously and bows in his grace

"Greetings, Prince Lightsheild. How goes the Kingdom these days? I come on behalf of a fellow summoner who wishes to remain anonymous. He would like to know a few things about Demacian's plans for the future."

Randle pulls out a large sheet of paper and reads off a list of questions.

"First off, even with the League of Legends, Noxus and Demacia still seem to have multiple dangerous disputes. Is there a possibility that, in the distant future, l both city-states could get along without the League needing to intervene? And further more, he wanted to know what is Demacia's offical stand on the Shadow Isles gaining power within the League."

-Randle Grend, Respectable Summoner (http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/2328)

UbberTengen

11-11-2012

My Prince Jarvan.
Yesterday I summoned you for three matches as solo top, all of them loses. In the three matches by the eight minute mark we were already fed. Enemy team tower dived us four versus one twice and we ended up losing, you should remember. What do you think about not getting any help?

I would like to apologize for not communicating properly, Im a foreign summoner and this is not my language.

Also, what of this melodies you think suits you more:

Demacian standard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INaF976l2OQ

Love & Loss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlfAOSYOs4E

Unfinished battle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0DE5zyRI6U

Thanks for your time.

UbberTengen

11-11-2012

((double post ftw))

Iron Ambássador

11-11-2012

Quote:
Ask Jarvan IV:

Do not be so quick to assure me o my own downfall, Poppy. I do not believe myself stronger than I am, Poppy. I know well my limits. I am not the braggart I once was. I have learned much in my travels, about the world as well as myself. If Jericho Swain believes he will be able to rely on my pride to bring about my demise, he will find himself sorely disappointed.

Regardless.... there always seems to be quite a bit of disagreement concerning us in combat. Perhaps you would care to spar some time?

Perhaps some time Prince, but it will have to wait. I am busy with other matters for now. Speaking of which, I need to return to work. The duties of an Ambassador are never-ending.

- Poppy

Ask Fortune

11-15-2012

Quote:
Ask Jarvan IV:
It seems you value your life after all. Fizz is a safe enough option. Though I am sure he'll be confused as to why you smell... similar to him.

You boys sure are critical of that... area, considering how passionately you yearn for them~.