Warwick Questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Balaram

Junior Member

03-15-2012

I had some questions regarding Warwick and in general.
Why is Wit's End so popular on him? Wouldn't Infinity Edge be better since not only would autoattacks deals a lot of damage, but it works better with his ult?
Does lifesteal work with magic damage items?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaram View Post
Wouldn't Infinity Edge be better since not only would autoattacks deals a lot of damage, but it works better with his ult?
WW doesn't need AD, he needs AS. Wit's End is cheap (very important in Dom with the low average gold per game) and makes him more tanky. It's good for all bruisers, not just WW, but it's especially good for WW.

Quote:
Does lifesteal work with magic damage items?
No.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basoosh

Senior Member

03-15-2012

Wit's End makes you tankier while still giving you a good bit of offense. His AtkSpd steroid (W) lets you land more hits with bonus damage, more hits triggers his passive more often, and his ult triggers the bonus damage several times as well. A decent amount of stats for a really affordable price tag.

Infinity Edge probably would be better for offense, but it's also nearly double the cost. And tankiness is huge on Warwick. The reason he works is because he hangs around in a fight forever. He can both absorb a ton of damage and steal a lot of it back. But he needs mitigation stats for that to work - that means armor and MR.

Lifesteal (the stat) doesn't work with magic damage items, only +AD. Warwick's Q and passive "steal life", but are not lifesteal (the stat).





EDIT: SHen'd.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FOODFOOD

Senior Member

03-15-2012

His job is to do decent damage while staying in the fight for as long as possible.
His job is not to do good damage and die immediately.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Balaram

Junior Member

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
WW doesn't need AD, he needs AS. Wit's End is cheap (very important in Dom with the low average gold per game) and makes him more tanky. It's good for all bruisers, not just WW, but it's especially good for WW.
Which means Black Cleaver is a viable alternative?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Octovert

Senior Member

03-15-2012

Black cleaver is alright, but it's more expensive, doesn't give as much attack speed, and does nothing for his tankyness.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaram View Post
Which means Black Cleaver is a viable alternative?
Let me make this easy for you... WW is an autoattacker but he's not an AD champ. Most of your damage is magic, including both of your damaging abilities and passive. You want spell pen not armor pen, you want on-hit items that deal magic damage. Don't build anything AD on WW ever, unless it's frozen mallet (and you mainly want this for the HP and slow, not the AD).

If you get to a point where you have a lot of gold and don't know what to do with it, get Kitae's. Just keep in mind that having more than 2 AS items is probably a waste since W puts you over the cap.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Balaram

Junior Member

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Let me make this easy for you... WW is an autoattacker but he's not an AD champ. Most of your damage is magic, including both of your damaging abilities and passive. You want spell pen not armor pen, you want on-hit items that deal magic damage. Don't build anything AD on WW ever, unless it's frozen mallet (and you mainly want this for the HP and slow, not the AD).

If you get to a point where you have a lot of gold and don't know what to do with it, get Kitae's. Just keep in mind that having more than 2 AS items is probably a waste since W puts you over the cap.
Any particular reason for on-hit magic damage items per se? Still trying to figure out this magic damage thing. Does it work together with his passive?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

Senior Member

03-15-2012

As I understand it, it's because he already does magic damage on-hit, and most of his damage comes from his Q, which is crazy good spike damage - so rune/masteries set up for mpen and tankiness just makes sense.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Octovert

Senior Member

03-15-2012

Stick with phage/wits end/malady and a frozen heart. Then lulz when you eat their whole team as they run around in the woods, terrified.