Bot Lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SheriffV2

03-15-2012

Hello, I am a noob who does not understand Dominion tactics...

This concept of someone strictly staying bot lane confuses me. Why not just cap 3, attempt to cap others while also defending? What benefit is there to laning bottom? What makes bottom any different than the 2 other cap-points on your teams side of the map?

Octovert

03-15-2012

There are no other 2 cap points on your teams side of the map. You have your "bottom" near the lower outlet from your fountain, and your "mid" near the upper outlet from your fountain. These are your two "home" locations. They're easy to defend, because you spawn near them and can easily go home for health, and cruise back.

Top is the one spot that is equidistant from both bases. Therefore, it's the easiest to defend that isn't yours. The last two spots are the most difficult to take and reinforce for all the aforementioned reasons

As for why does someone stay bottom - it's to prevent their bottom player from walking in and taking it. Not that you have to man your bottom lane 100% of the time, but it's generally a good idea. If for any reason their bottom laner leaves to do something else, you push in and take it.

SheriffV2

03-15-2012

I see. I meant, Mid/Bot. Since they are, or seem to be, equidistant from Respawn.

But I guess Mid needs a dedicated defender less than Bot, as people attacking/defending Top can always fall back to Mid. Whereas it'd be harder to go from Top->Bot at the drop of a dime.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2012

Also you need to consider how minion spawn, because minions are very powerful things

assume you have top mid and bot, your mid will not have minion constantly attacking it because the points on both side are also on your team.
So by defending bot, it acts as a gateway for them to have minion to push your mid point and take it.
And tower diving is not always the best of ideas.

SheriffV2

03-15-2012

I never even bother to acknowledge the existence of minions in Dominion. They do nearly nothing, and with no champs nearby they'd just kill each other <_<

03-15-2012

Minions will get you more fed than champ kills and assists. They are a HUGE part of the game. That doesn't mean you should farm your ass off, but try your best to get a few creeps for a little bit more gold whenever it is safe but don't get yourself trapped.

A large wave will also allow you to tower dive as they will neutralize the tower. The enemy team will typically ignore the oncoming minion wave if you're attacking them making tower fights much more bearable.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2012

Typically the 2 nodes right next to the top spawn are not really messed with very much. They get backdoored occasionally, but are rarely held for any length of time.
So most of the fighting is over the topmost middle node.

But sometimes, your team just can't seem to take that node. This is where having a good Bottom player comes in. They can push the lane and farm like crazy such that they can take the enemy's bottom.

When this occurs, the enemy bottom will usually need help to re-take the node. That means less people up top, which gives your team a chance to take the middle node and defend it.

When you DO have the top node, then all you have to do is keep your bottom from getting captured. The enemy will either have to take top again with your tower helping you, or they have to backdoor your spawn-node, or take bottom.

If they do rush bottom, you are there to defend. You will go down quickly, but this allows your top teammates to rush their 2 nodes and keep an advantage.

The TL;DR of bottom strategy: If your team is fighting over Top and doesn't have it, PUSH BOTTOM. If your team has top, farm and stay pretty close to your node so you aren't ganked.

Nothing says you MUST stay bottom the whole game. Teams tend to mix it up and move around. If 1 bottom is losing,t hey will sub out another champ that might be able to counter better. Or the fed bottom will come top to help out there if unable to get a significant advantage over their bottom opponent.

Yaladilae

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheriffV2 View Post
I never even bother to acknowledge the existence of minions in Dominion. They do nearly nothing, and with no champs nearby they'd just kill each other <_<
You need to learn the importance of lane pushing, and you will realise a horde of minion attacking their tower will easily neutralise it before they get a chance to defend

Stralucire

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheriffV2 View Post
Most new players don't realize that minions are the crux of a good tower dive. A sizeable group of pushed minions can completely neutralize, or finish a neutralize / cap, while you scrim it out under the tower. Very few champs can fight both minions and another champ at the same time.

Kedoren

03-15-2012

Yeah, bottom lane is usually has the most gold, because they can farm a lot of minions... I never see a dedicated defender to your mid because as stated, no minion push and it's a lot harder to take/keep than top of their own bases..