Heroes to counter Vladimir in Mid Lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Never Knows Best

08-08-2010

kat actually works to an extent. Her heal nullification works up until about lvl 8 ish when he starts spamming. But otherwise i agree with what others have been saying. Just don't be over aggressive and you should do fine

Hearthbreak

08-09-2010

You can play heavily offensive as AD ezreal, don't let him poke you and run away without taking much more damage himself. You want to deal damage early and often, try to keep him from level 6 as long as you can. At level six if he's beating you go back, he can dive you. Most people know that he is capable of diving but they stay...and get dived.

IhasAburst

08-09-2010

Janna is the best no contest if you are just trying to survive laning, but not if you are looking to get the kill.

max your Q and farm at a huge distance without worrying about his retaliation

kyoukitenshi

08-09-2010

In my opinion I'd have to say Tristana's a really good counter to vlad. I've played vlad a bit and jesus christ, a good tristana RAPES me. Heal reduce, stupid amounts of DOT and a slow. Yeah, I can pool out of rocket jump, but it has a cooldown. Pool to avoid buster shot, she immediately hits rocket jump onto me and hits me with ignite and explosive shot... and I die. It's infuriating.

Pandairl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2010

I love how a lot of the "Guides" in here list the first step as being "Harass until he's at about half health."

:S

YUNGKOREA

08-14-2010

Just play smart. Vlads are aggresive.
Just punish him when when he makes mistakes.

Krolja

08-14-2010

I get destroyed by Annie that know what they are doing when I play Vlad. Like someone said, harass with your stun and then at 6 "Hello Flash>Tibbers (Stun)>SpamSpam>Ignite. "Oh, I'll pool!"

Too bad I'm already ticking from Ignite which will usually kill me, just about everytime.

Speusippus

08-15-2010

I've seen a few mentions of Tristana. I haven't really tried her E against Vlad with any consistency, so that may be a good idea. But during laning (which is what this thread is about) Tristana's autoattack doesn't outrange Vlad's transfusion (I'd target him with my auto-attack and he'd walk up to me, transfuse, and walk away before I could get a shot in). And in laning, buster shot is not a big factor since once you've got it, laning is ending anyway.

GhostDieM

08-15-2010

Cho works well against Vlad and Heimer as well. Against Vlad just focus on killing minions while making sure he can't use his Q on you to force him to his tower. Your passive coupled with pots will make sure you can sustain the lane. If you go Tank/AP you can use Rupture to punish him when he gets too agressive. Just play carefully and use your pushing abilities to keep Vlad on the defensive until lvl 6. From that point on you can use a Rupture + Feast + Silence combo to give him a good scare and make sure he can't use pool or Q to escape. If someone can assist you it's to there's no way he'll live through it.
Same goes against Heimer, use your minions to push, take out the enemy minions to farm up and use Rupture to take down his turrets. You probably won't be able to kill him but you can easily stop him from advancing and even push him back if you're lucky. If the laning phase lasts long you will grow stronger because of your Feast while Heimer is stuck behind his turrets

HanzGruber

08-15-2010

I noticed a lot of downvoting for mentions of pirate. He actually works quite well. Among his passive speed boost from raise morale, his constant parrrley spam, his heal, and grog soaked blade, he's a tough one for Vlad to handle. Most Vlads don't run away till they absolutely have to, when that happens they move to pool out, losing a large chunk of health. At that point, grog soaked blade and a well placed cannon barrage will finish the job.

Kat can hold mid against Vlad, but it comes down to the build. AD Kat can use bouncing blade and killer instincts to farm at range, and occasionally ping Vlad in the process. AP Kat can't do much, since a damage exchange will come out in Vlad's favor. Once you push Vlad back to his turret, he'll either start spamming tides of blood (which costs a LOT of health,) or he'll use pool to get creeps off his turrets. Keep him there long enough and he'll kill himself for you.

I've never had too much trouble playing against Heimer with Vlad. I generally just eat his turrets, dodge his grenades, and poke him with infuse when he tries to move in with rockets. I really wouldn't suggest this matchup.

I've never matched up either way with Annie and Vlad. But her autoattack range is the same as transfusion's range, so just make Vlad pay for farming with that and the occasional fireball. Over time and early on, you'll come out ahead. Annie, being Annie, has a small window to crush Vlad before he can get his build rolling and is able to tank her combo.

Morgana and Nasus, I put these guys together because of their amazing AoE farming ability. Keep Vlad at his turret and keep him from farming. You probably won't get a kill, but you'll break even and keep Vlad from snowballing.

Ezreal, this was an interesting matchup. I had actually taken boots first as Vlad on this match, and it worked out in my favor. Ez could never position himself to skillshot me, but when he tried I usually wound up eating a chunk of his health. In the end, Ezreal is just too squishy to try for a kill. If you get stuck against Vlad with him, focus on farming and not dying. Vlad's ult, transfusion, and ignite will take a little over half of your health.

Ashe, same thing, too squishy, less escapability than Ez. Focus on farming, if Vlad makes a mistake, use ECA and make him pay for it. But DO NOT push for the kill because Vlad will suck your blood.