Heroes to counter Vladimir in Mid Lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evelios

08-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeez91 View Post
Fiddlesticks......
He drains...He fears...He silences...
This was the first one that came to my mind.

Post any other ideas.
Fiddlesticks can also drain while vlad goes into pool (you must cast before he does this)

Tanerian

08-08-2010

Granted I've only taken mid against vlad 3 times as Mord.. but I roflstomped every time.

Nabonidus

08-08-2010

I've been maining Vlad recently, but I can tell you this: consistent ranged damage does a lot of good. Tristana, played smart, can do well against vlad. Others have said Kog'maw, and I actually agree. If you know how Vlad plays, you can bait him into harassing you, then punish him with E+W autoattack, and Kog farms way better than Vlad does, so if he has to play safe, he can do so effectively.

Morde is another good choice, but again, needs to play smart. Vlad's q may not damage through the shield, but it DOES restore life. Again, the key is to farm. And if the Vlad is smart and tries to wear down your shield through autoattacks, get in his face. He's not going to be willing to keep trying in a head-on fight.

Also of note: Vlad is at his most vulnerable pre-level 6. His q needs to be at 5 to be really spammable, and that's not until level 8 or so.

Heimer, I don't think is a great counter. I generally farm heimers easily as Vlad. Annies, Anivias, and Ryzes who know what they're doing, on the other hand, SUCK. Any burst caster with CC, really.

Like I said, consistent range DPS, or as I just mentioned, HEAVY burst casters with CC.

Ziv

08-08-2010

Morgana. Past level 3 or so she'll out farm him and heal back any harassment. She can also kill him if he overextends at 6+ with ignite.

Noveson

08-08-2010

Kassadin can do it. Did it last night, it is really tough before level 5 or so, but maxing Null Sphere with one point in Nether Blade to keep your mana up works. I had teleport so I went back and got health potions, Null Sphere hurts bad if leveled.

Port in from out of his range, silence before he Q's, and then you can force pulse while he is still silenced and get out of his range before he is able to use Q again. Melee some minions to get mana back and you are set.

FrostySnowman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2010

I've been owning Vlad with both Warwick and Twitch. Twitch's poison poison stays on him as he tries to pool away, and when he comes back up, expunge for the kill. Warwick can regain life faster and can kick the **** out of Vlad, but does poorly in the middle generally.

I've also seen Cho'Gath own Vlad in the mid with Vorpal Spikes and Silence.

Kamirga

08-08-2010

I'm vlad fairly often(half him and half ad ez for ranked, only ones who i seem to be able to carry bads with) and when I mid I haven't hit any hard ones so far(cuz of the low elo snare) but kat is not at all gonna work, she can't poke nearly well enough once transfusion gets past its very long early game cd

heim is always a pain but vlad i feel can handle the turrets fairly well

havent' seen a zil, kass or pirate yet so can't comment there

only seen a couple morgs/sivirs but i can usually bait the black shield/SS by faking a transfusion or running up and casting tides

morde is a royal pain in my ass but not impossible to deal with, i just don't stand a chance at killing him

everytime i see fiddle he jungles so can't comment there either but late game when i team fight vs him he ruins my life with the silence/fear so i imagine mid would suck as well

FrostySnowman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2010

I'd bet Garren can also own Vlad.

Kamirga

08-08-2010

i would devour garen, tranfusion would let me out range and out harass him easy and my burst>judgement

ZWulf

08-08-2010

heim is a feasible choice but i a good xin can kill vlad in secs... vlad has low armor, make him susceptible to physical attacks. With Xin dps, he can be outmatched. you just need to time it properly and kill him asap.