Heroes to counter Vladimir in Mid Lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zenthamos

08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako Samson View Post
Haha yeah, was one of those obvious answers.
Heh, isn't that the truth. Fighting a fully dug in heim with any Champion is a pain for anyone.

Dragoth

08-02-2010

Surprised no one has said (assuming skill levels are the same) Xin Zhao? His lvl 2/3 combo hits for about 1/3 life assuming vlad runs, 1/2 if he doesnt, at which point you get to hit some creeps to gain hps again until your slow comes up again. Repeat until ignite kills him. Its very hard for vlad to push Xin out of the lane thanks to his passive heal (with a dorans shield as well ofc)

biomorph

08-02-2010

Why does everyone assume that countering vlad implies killing him? If you play vlad carefully your opponent will not kill you. Only the unexperienced naive player would give the opportunity away. Sure Xin charge works well but you sorta have to get in range to do so AND the blood pool makes any non-stun based combo look silly.
Sure put Xin in mid, but expect to kill vlad? Not likely.

Remuz

08-02-2010

heimer doesn't stand a chance...i play vlad and i jus drain every turret as soon as it hits the ground...litterally...wid a couple of hits and one time transfusion...not to mention dodge grenades wid sanguine jus makes heimer fresh meat

my advice on countering vlad is to push (wid area spells instead of turrets) faster than him widout getting spammed at all...so...i suggest karthus,morgana,and the like...if u farm faster and push him to his tower...he's likely not gonna own midgame, which is when he's most useful

Arazu

08-02-2010

interesting thing about fiddle, couple of games ago i noticed our fiddle was still able to drain vlad while he was in his pool, seems to be one of very few skills that still take effect during the pool

Maw

08-02-2010

Surprisingly, a lot of abilities hit vlad in his pool. Morg's ult persists, Shen can taunt him, and I think you can hit him with Tibbers and your fire cone as Annie.

Lord Abbendis

08-02-2010

Fiddles, Mordekaiser, etc

McRofls

08-02-2010

A lot of people assume Kat is a good counter to Vlad because of the heal reduction, but really she is not.

Kat is really good at 'poking' champions with her Shunpo and Bouncing Blade, then eventually going in for a kill. Vlad is pretty impossible to poke, and she will never get a kill on him. Even if she gets a quality setup, he just bloodpools out of her Ulti. And without her ulti she definitely can't toe-toe him.

Laurix

08-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRofls View Post
A lot of people assume Kat is a good counter to Vlad because of the heal reduction, but really she is not.

Kat is really good at 'poking' champions with her Shunpo and Bouncing Blade, then eventually going in for a kill. Vlad is pretty impossible to poke, and she will never get a kill on him. Even if she gets a quality setup, he just bloodpools out of her Ulti. And without her ulti she definitely can't toe-toe him.
I agree with this 100%

As an avid Katarina player, I really feel like I can't do much vs Vlad unless someone comes for a gank.

Slithy

08-08-2010

Morgana spell vamp always keeps her hp full
Morde Let Vlad drain his shield
Fiddle He drains harder, also fear and silence
Veigar This may sound weird, but Vlad requires quite a few hp to use his skills and veigar full combo can shut him down easily right after Vlad used his skills. (needs to play passively until veigar got his ulti )

^
^
^
Tried that by myself.