Heroes to counter Vladimir in Mid Lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Tryhardosaurus

08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK 47 View Post
to be honest,heimer is a pain in the *** for every champion you can imagine.
Haha yeah, was one of those obvious answers.

MookieFish

08-01-2010

I play Vlad actively, and I normally go mid and so far the only counters who have given me issues are:

Katarina (debuff)

Kassadin (if your silenced for 2 seconds every 5ish seconds you cant steal life)

Vladimir (Vlad vs. Vlad comes down to who has better runes for the most part)

Kennen (if he is good with his thundering shuriken he can be pretty deadly, and its often not worth sinking to dodge the stun because of how much life you lose in the process)

I haven't laned vs. a Pirate yet, or a fiddle, but I can imagine fiddle would be extremely worse than kassadin seeing how his silence can hit you mulitple times, and he has life drain. Try and force Vlad to sink while you have no minions around so he can't regain any life from the initial cast.

MookieFish

08-01-2010

I have laned against Heimer, and the trick is to just farm until you have lvl 4-5 transfusion, then you can basically 3 shot his turrets in like 6 seconds, and dive for the kill. If you are playing Heimer and laning vs. Vlad, pick your shots, dont bother harassing, and make sure his sanguine pool is on CD before you engage. Also, his ult will rain on your parade if he has ignite (like he should).

Another note about his pool, if you're playing Veigar, and you cast your stun BEFORE he sinks, it will still stun him if he runs into it, but if hes already in pool before you stun it wont affect him, so save it, or try and lead it based on the active time of his pool.

Cueballmac

08-01-2010

It may seem weir but believe it or not the Yeti is a fair counter as well, there will be no chance that he can kill you with you playing safely, consuming and snowballing his face when chance arises. I managed to blast him with ult when he stayed too long under me by level 6. The general rule to survive vlads longevity is to play smart and grab every you have when he casts transfusion on another creep and time your skills if he uses sanguine pool. Some heroes might not be able to harass him but it is not impossible to survive in the lane. I think that bursty characters and ranged nukers have the best chances against him. Kassadin rapes him too btw.

Freakayou

08-01-2010

I played Mid lane today vs a Vlad with Anivia, her long attacks and extremely long range on FF and dmg minions as it goes through and slow, just stay back and last hit harrass with FF and usually at lvl 5-6 you can get a kill. Personally a good Anivia is the hardest mid lane I have ever gone agains't and I usually play Morde. Heimer I can lane to a stand still.

ShadeOfBlu

08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
what everyone seems to forget is how bad vlad's attack dmg is. noone builds vlad for any sort of attack dmg at all. vlad cant push a turret at all. if he gets a kill or 2, it doesnt necessarily mean he'll take out the turret before you get back. if sivir gets that same 1 or 2 kills, that turret is as good as gone without some help or a lucky minion wave. done be afraid to recall and come back. you're not helping your own cause by standing at your turret leaching xp and last hits while the tower kills everything. he will slowly but surely pick off the tower this way. recall, get your mana and items and come back and continue to be aggressive. it'll help you in the long run a lot more than missing a few minion kills while u were gone.
Whole post pretty sound. Would like to point out that a vlad with a few kills can easily use his level advantage to hit up top or bot. If either champ is close to half than it's not hard to get a kill or two. Vlad+2 champs will take a chunk of health out of the tower at minimum.

BaronMeansGG

08-01-2010

Lol i haven't seen Twisted Fate in any of these comments.Well Q ability has so long of rang its unbaliavable.W spam gold@red he is almost dead. and R if u teleport to gank he won't expect it.

Quick Sand

08-01-2010

Wow, no Tristana?

Explosive shot face rolls any healing skill.

AsheDaFrost

08-01-2010

Intro:
Well i play Ashe. With Vlad i play defensive until i'm level 9. After level 9 i usually have boots brutalizer axe (or bf sword if i helped gank). Well i don't know if this works on good Vlad players but it worked for me.

Summer Skills:
The summers skills i usually get are teleport and flash.

What to do:

At level 9 i usually b. Buy 2 mana pots and vampiric septor(optional, helps a lot against vlad).
Tele back to mid. Harass using volley until he's about half health (of course moving back after every arrow show, he cant catch up to boots). around half health use mana pot keep him at about half health. use another mana pot keep on attacking when he's charging at you keep on attacking. take some dmg from his pool. flash back. after pool his done arrow him and bam! he's a gonner, frost shot also keeps him at bay .

Final Thoughts:
So in total that's 300 gold from Vlad -80 from mana pots so its 220gold profit not bad xD. Also you volley should do about 110+(110 is the minimum at lvl 9 i believe, with items) dmg and Vlad heals about 50 - 60 (unless he's fed, then i don't know 1 v 1 with Ashe xD). Your volley's cool down is also much shorter then his xD.

Edit: Actually if he is fed instead of brutalizer just get Executioner's Calling it will make a great difference xD. Or if your farmed well with brutalizer get an executionars callling . You win! him healing 25-30 hp is nothing xD

Edit: Also instead of tele if you get ignite + Executioner's Calling he's useless, him healing 13-15 hp is nothing xD

Edit: If he's underfarmed and you out leveled him you can sell executionars calling if u want.

LegendaryCaoCao

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2010

Cho'gath?

My friend has used him with success. Cho is a solid mid melee champ. His tanky structure gives him the edge as it'd take vlad forever to drain you down. Cho has that nice regen passive to counteract vlad's drain and after getting a few ruptures/vorpal spike/scream hits you can simply flash feast him.

My buddy did that to vlad mid three times in a row before he raged. I'd also recommend anyone with superior range (trist, ezreal, ashe, kog'maw, zilean) I'd even suggest morgana.