Heroes to counter Vladimir in Mid Lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Viribe

11-02-2011

swain, fiddle, morgana, vlads laning isnt that strong and his late games not that amazing either

Reiji Ozora

11-02-2011

A good Ezreal can definitely counter Vlad in the early game.

LK Archon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2012

Ive played easily 150-200 games as vlad, and here are the biggest counters that I have found.

Heimy: His turrets eat my face when I got to transfuse him.
Fiddle: Bloodpool doesnt stop tethers, so he keeps draining me.
Kass: Outranges with a silence.
Good mordes: If you can keep your shield up at early levels, my transfusion wont harass, and it will be hell lane.
Morg: Blood pool doesnt break her tether from her ultimate.

Ive seen people saying that karth is a good counter, but hes not. Transfusion eats his low health, and I can blood pool out of his ulti

SnøwTiger

03-31-2012

morgana.... that is all

xSoul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2012

Fizz is an amazing counter

Stiler

04-02-2012

rumble is a god counter, it's what I go vs vlad when I have to counter him.

Roll a health pendant 1 health pot at the start, wait til you have your 3 skills and when vlad comes in to transfuse on you (or a minion) hit your w and q on him, and E when you can.

Rumble has more sustain dmg outut then vlad can do with his q/e.

The main thing you have to do with Rumble is keep your heat up, so it's in the yellow and you do more dmg.

Dilusion

04-02-2012

I'm very very suprised not to see Cass mentioned much here.. her ability to put out heavy early damage can REALLY shut vlad down pre-6 and snowball yourself ahead before it matters.. you need an early kill or two on vlad or he kind of hits a stage where he becomes very hard to kill alone.. sorc boots + hextech era

ZBuZ

04-02-2012

ignite usually helps ^.^

Madraac

04-03-2012

Veigar is good to counter Vlad as well when mid. Your do a **** ton of damage, and more importantly, you will out farm him relatively quickly as long as you play a bit of "aggressive" defense and push him to his tower.

Tsurug has it right as well.... but in solo Q's too many people believe that they know best and do not try to play a team game. They would rather play for individual stats and often complain about people having a bad game as "feeding" or being "noobs."

Amoc

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilusion View Post
I'm very very suprised not to see Cass mentioned much here.. her ability to put out heavy early damage can REALLY shut vlad down pre-6 and snowball yourself ahead before it matters.. you need an early kill or two on vlad or he kind of hits a stage where he becomes very hard to kill alone.. sorc boots + hextech era
I just bought Vlad, so I'm no expert, but I was bullying mid for 90% of my games and the absolute worst time I had was against Cass. I went 0-2 against her and she zoned me so so badly. She has way better range, way better damage and every time I went in to try transfusion I ended up in purple goop or snakes. I'm normally fairly good at dodging skill shots but because I was forced to hide and sneak in last hits, she could always predict when I was going to make my move.

I ended up having a fairly good game altogether and beat her out long term, but the actual laning phase was horrible.