Heroes to counter Vladimir in Mid Lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StardustxDragon

12-03-2010

sivir spell shiled every q gg

cho keep him silenced hit with rupture gg

MedicMike

12-03-2010

I would have to say Malzahar, but then again my vote for mid is always Malzahar HAHAHA! But with Malzahar's skills he is unstoppable again Vladimir. I know this for a fact because I main him and he can never beat me lol. He's good against Vladimir because he has a silence, a spell that does damage per maximum health %, he can summon a pet for bonus damage, a DoT, and finally a Ultimate that stuns. Very strong against Vladimir or atleast for how the way I play Malzahar it is lol.

banthor11

12-03-2010

I've found Veigar to be pretty good. Event horizon can stun vlad even through his sanguine pool. Baleful strike also does better damage than Vlad's transfusion. Event horizon and dark matter is often enough to cause many Vlads to panic and waste health and sanguine pool's cooldown for fear of getting combo'd,even though the dark matter would have done less damage then the health cost of the pool.

That said, running an Innervating Locket on a champion, that can make good use of it, will negate a large amount of harass versus many champions.

Tokinatoor

12-03-2010

Ive had good results with Malphite, Jax and Poppy have all worked well for me. Malphite get a saphire crystal, Spam Q, let your shield recharge, burst in Combo and kill. Jax jump in Combo, retreat, Combo, retreat, Combo.....

Poppy ult, slam, smash, smash some more!

These strategies just focus on smas out damaging him in bursts, or just over harrasing him. Always try to charge after he uses his tide pool. Once hes half health he should die easily.

Remember he has lots of health but very low resist. Dont be fooled by his invincible skill

This is just for TT and hes not as good there.

sunnywilliam

06-09-2011

Rush a Negatron Cloak. 48 MR will negate almost all his damage. Ignore Vlad most of the time, and then burst him in intervals. Negatron Cloak +Lanewick, Garen, Swain, Nunu, Mord doesn't necessarily beat Vlad, but you won't lose to him. Beating him is based on your own skill.

sunnywilliam

06-09-2011

also negatron and mr boots on Irelia, Mundo, Maokai, Rumble, and other tanky dps. Switch lanes to match up with Vlad. If you don't want to change your build and play these champs, Nidalee with blue buff can also match up with Vlad

GhostDonkeys

06-09-2011

Malzahar makes me sad when I play Vladimir

Umezete

06-09-2011

As a vlad player ranged silencers and trist are hard. Ashe with doran's blade harassment is hard till I get hextect to counter damage

tf is a joke, he has high range but I'll just last hit and spam q whenever he closes in. I murder once I get some spell vamp as his damage isn't good enough early to stop me from pushing.

kass and fid are impossible, their silences have more range than my attacks.

DreidelFan

06-09-2011

Urgot, CRABHAMMER SUPREME

but seriously, as long as i get my corrosive charge, even if he pools, ill hit 2 acid hunters even after his pool nonsense ( 3 with max CDR)

plus as he comes forward sheild + acid hunter = slow + acid hunter again = big kite damage

easy as **** after you switch him and he moves super slow in his pool, then dead

TravelMoon

06-10-2011

I found myself being able to counter vlad with veigar pretty effectively. When a vlad walks up to harass with you with transfusion you just nuke him with baleful strike, and you do more dmg than he does, if he tries to go for a kill you have more burst than him plus your event horizon still stuns even if he is in pool which compeltely wastes it.

So basically when you trade blows you do more dmg. and when you go for an all out fight you have more burst and CC. Sure vlad heals from transfusion but whats healing 70 hp going to do against veigar's burst dmg?