Heroes to counter Vladimir in Mid Lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Polymath

12-03-2010

I adore that Ignite works through blood pool

Shamanb

12-03-2010

Ryze completely destroys him. Vlad will be forced to back off to his tower or die, unless he have good help to gank you.

Akali can actually handle him very easily. He won't be able to charge you or he'll die.

Mordekaiser . . . Best mid in the game imo, although not the best champ. He'll drain your armor, thus doing nothing while you hurt him good with you siphon.

Vladimir can't do **** until lvl 6, unless you suck. So just take some1 that can burst him to hell earlier then that and you'll dominate mid. Until lvl 6 that is.

EDIT: Seriously, even good ol Ashe can harrass him back so he has to run to his mommy with fost arrow/volley.

canasianboi

12-03-2010

I usually can hold back any vlad using my Nidalee. All you have to do is just push back his minion wave and score a few auto attacks on him to soften him up. When he wants to come in and attack you usually you should position yourself before hand so you can spear toss him when he comes around.

Also because Nid has a nice heal, you can usually out heal him in the laning phase. At lvl 6 it becomes much more easier. You can gank if hes weak, or push back the minion wave and grab golem. Once you have golem and you lane againt vlad you have infinite heals, and spear tosses which makes laning much more easier.

Defisme

12-03-2010

just wait for him to suck blood from minons nad slowly harraas him and kill creeps wave and push him towards his tower.. just dont expect to kill him untill your farming starts to out weigh his.. if you keep pressure on him, most of your damage you do after his blood sucking will neglect his hp reg advantage.

Shenzhe

12-03-2010

I have found I do well as anivia against vlad as well. I usually won't score a kill until level 6/7, but I harass with Flash Frost and Frostbite while we level and then at 6 I can finally start getting the double damage on Forstbite. I usually bait a sanguine pool by looking to stun him (if he gets stunned all the better) and then I wall him to keep him around, sanguine pool gets blocked by a wall if you keep his center on the correct side of the wall. While he tries to wander around the in his pool I glacial storm where he's going, and frostbite as soon as he's up. This usually knocks off about 1/3 of his hp. Then I can do a pretty good job denying him XP as long as I'm aware of mia's. If he lets me kill him that's great, if not he's usually leveled like the side lanes and then there's a lot less to fear from him in team fights. Perhaps I've been playing bad vlad's mid though idk.

TheIVGodEmperor

12-03-2010

I don't think vlads find anything more annoying than a miss fortune who's aggressive from lvl 1

CrimsonRipper

12-03-2010

Zilean can do wonders vs Vlad, so as long as he doesn't over-extend. Especially since he can ult himself to deny vlad kills.

Chingmeister

12-03-2010

I can take any decent early laner (ez/kat/MF/Ashe/etc) and use flat damage runes to boost the early game enough to zone most Vlads until level 7. After that I have hit carry status and the game is probably decided.

ChopStix

12-03-2010

Kennen is so annoying to lane against as Vlad. He harasses more then I can drain.

Doriantv

12-03-2010

Mordekaiser is the hard counter to Vlad.