Apologizing now, blowing a tad of steam your way.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkysMoon View Post
I was level 30 at the time dominion was released. And I thought having one person report a leaver was equivalent to the same as 2, or 9 people reporting. Basically, the system receives the data either way and takes no priority.
Actually 1 person reporting a leaver is the same as zero people reporting them. The automated system catches leaves (and counts idle time as leaves, even though that doesn't show on the end-game screen) so it really doesn't matter if you report them or not.

SkysMoon

03-15-2012

As someone mentioned Tribunaling with 2+ cases, yeah, that's the norm, I do the Tribunal aswell. From my understand Tribunal is a seperate entity of LeaverBuster, perhaps FDRu, is even more correct then anyone in the above post.

@people who have suggested bot lanes. Unfortunately, even playing GREAT bot champs, (never losing my turret, and surviving ganks) I normally have my team being dumb and coming down, to the point where I have to leave lane because we are getting demolished top. I'm with people who don't understand how the basic "meta" works right now, it's hard to believe. And yes I've tried to talk to them, they either say I'm dumb, I don't know better, or just don't talk back. Also when you're in a 4v5 and there are 2 on your team bot, it's like...durrr.

Basoosh

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkysMoon View Post
As someone mentioned Tribunaling with 2+ cases, yeah, that's the norm, I do the Tribunal aswell. From my understand Tribunal is a seperate entity of LeaverBuster, perhaps FDRu, is even more correct then anyone in the above post.

@people who have suggested bot lanes. Unfortunately, even playing GREAT bot champs, (never losing my turret, and surviving ganks) I normally have my team being dumb and coming down, to the point where I have to leave lane because we are getting demolished top. I'm with people who don't understand how the basic "meta" works right now, it's hard to believe. And yes I've tried to talk to them, they either say I'm dumb, I don't know better, or just don't talk back. Also when you're in a 4v5 and there are 2 on your team bot, it's like...durrr.
I really think bottom is the most impactful position, though, until you get to the higher Elos where ganks are much more common. Yea, you'll get games where you are 1v2 defending their bottom node after you took it solo and your team STILL can't take windmill. But more often than not, killing the enemy laner, taking their node, and forcing the other team to divert resources is going to be enough to swing the game in your team's favor.

And some games you just can't win. Whether it's matchmaking at its finest, a disconnect, or someone just trolling, you will lose games and the outcome will be out of your control. I think the key to success is to not get frustrated by those unwinnable games. It's so easy to just say, "we lost because of disconnected Yi" or "troll Teemo pick" and dismiss the loss. But you can still get some value out of those games. Instead, evaluate your own play in those games (and every game) and see what you could have done to make the game closer. Put together enough of those little things and eventually they will be enough to get you a win you otherwise wouldn't have had, some day in the future.

Assuming solo queue, the only constant in every game is yourself. And no one plays a perfect game. This sounds nerdy as hell, but record your matches with something like LOLRecorder and watch them afterwards. I was blown away by how many mistakes I made (and still make) every game. Even better yet, have someone else review them. I had my brother watch a couple of my games - he immediately caught my lack of kiting and taught me how to efficiently kite with SHIFT+right click on AD carries. I didn't even know that did anything at the time. Whatever it takes, identify your mistakes and correct them for next time. Enough of these corrected mistakes added up can and will eventually turn the tide and steal you a game here and there.

Perfect example:
I took a moment and evaluated my normal spell rotations on Ryze one day. I generally always started with Q-W-, no matter the situation. When an opponent commits to a fight with you, and you don't immediately need the snare on W, starting Q-R- can maximize your spell vamp and give you more staying power.

A few weeks later I'm playing Ryze bottom in an incredibly tight game. Late in the game, a situation for the Q-R- combo start came up. I ended up winning the fight with about 75 HP remaining, right as my team lost a close teamfight for control of the Windmill. The extra spell vamp from the early R is what kept me alive and won me that fight. I was then able to take their bottom node and it ticked off the last couple points of health from their Nexus. We won 5-0.

SkysMoon

03-15-2012

Basoosh, I just really want to thank you for taking the time to reply to, what I would normally slap myself in the face for stooping down to "that level" and writing my first post. You gave very friendly, and calm advice, I really appreciate this. I have actually viewed a few of my games on LOLrecorder, but I'm not going to fib and say that I actually try and examine my gameplay significantly from this. I am relatively new to this game, started September '11 - so sooo much to learn. One thing I am proud of, is that my attitude is very positive when I play, even though situations don't always go the same. I have a good buddy whom I met on LoL who we duo a lot, and we try to criticize each other, even tho it's hard. But, just honestly, thank you, it really made me feel a lot better.

CyrisAeon

03-15-2012

I feel your pain. My Dominion play has been plagued with afk and leavers lately. I always take it upon myself to rally both teams to report, not sure how many really do or if it matters.

I wish Riot cared enough to get Ranked going.

Kwynt

03-15-2012

You can queue with me as well. My elo is around 1100.