Apologizing now, blowing a tad of steam your way.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SkysMoon

03-15-2012

Like seriously. I'm not quite boiling yet in my writing. But honestly, 12 (TWELVE, yes, twelveeeee) of my last THIRTEEN (13) dominion games have had a leaver ON MY TEAM. Only 1 of the games have we won (such a relief). What in the world is going on. I seriously can't take it anymore. And another thing I'm seriously miffed about, okay, I check my ELO with JabeBot, it's 1100, and at the time I checked it, I was +24 W/L. How does that make sense? LOSE elo because of winning? WHAT? No wonder I'm in games with crapshoot afkers. Now I'm only +3 W/L. This is just bad. I don't know whether to keep playing dominion or just give up. I'm just seriously whiped out. But this is absolutely wrong. People take the wrong approach with this game, "yeah I'll play I have a little time" But still I'm just WTF'd about having such a low ELO with +24 W/L, now it's less than 1k. alkjsfdlkjfdkjlaflkjsdfasd.

/endrant.

GrignardTS

03-15-2012

Quote:
at the time I checked it, I was +24 W/L. How does that make sense? LOSE elo because of winning?
Did you level to 30 by playing Dominion?

ELO's of your competitors determine what you gain/loose.

It really sucks about those leavers, just keep reporting and asking teammates/the opposing team to as well.

SkysMoon

03-15-2012

I was level 30 at the time dominion was released. And I thought having one person report a leaver was equivalent to the same as 2, or 9 people reporting. Basically, the system receives the data either way and takes no priority.

GrignardTS

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkysMoon View Post
And I thought having one person report a leaver was equivalent to the same as 2, or 9 people reporting. Basically, the system receives the data either way and takes no priority.
First I'm hearing this but I honestly don't know.

Basoosh

03-15-2012

I've done a fair bit of Tribunal. On rare occassions, I see cases with only one report, but the vast majority come through with 2+ reports.

If you'd like to try some duo-queue sometime to see if that changes your luck, feel free to add me.

SkysMoon

03-15-2012

I would like that, but I don't want to bring someone else down. Is there any advice for being stuck down where I am? It seems that you are often stuck out on the field alone because 1-4 of my teammates are dead. Even tho I try and communicate they just solo in on turrets without foundation anymore. (it was better before this streak). I'm thinking tankier champs. But I can't rely on fed carries to not get melted in teamfights (hey it happens), but I am not in any way at all a good ad player.

Basoosh

03-15-2012

I don't care about losing, it happens

As for advice, I'd say play bottom lane every game. Down there you are in full control and don't need to rely on teammates as much. Until players start regularly ganking, I'd say you can have the most impact as a solo player on the game outcome from there.

Orphane

03-15-2012

There's not much you can do about leavers. From what I've seen though, the Dominion playerbase is (usually) considerate enough to report even if they were on the other team.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2012

are the leaver left for the whole game or for like 2 minutes of the match by a simple reconnect?

Nilat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2012

I feel your pain. I regularly play at lunch or in the afternoon sometimes and that is the worst time to try and find decent teammates. I average about 2 afk games a day, and I'm lucky if I get to play 2-3 games a day as is. It's pretty ****ed frustrating, but follow the advice here and it might help get you out of it. The higher you go in elo you'll see a bit less afkers as people playing there actually care about Dom. Another suggestion would be to try Draft if you haven't been, it still has mouthbreathers but I seem to at least have less afkers there. Play Yorick/Urgot/Mord/Mao bot and control games, it works if you get good at it.