@Morello, Revert Kayle as a bandaid fix

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1087f2b41063f2

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Chainsaw to Kayle, and agreed it needs a lot.

I'm done pussyfooting around this champion when we work on her. No mercy for what's there, I want an awesome, Zealous angel champion.
It's great to hear that you're done pussyfooting around.

But please learn from the past rework, and don't repeat the same mistakes. Specifically, take all the time you need to make it right. I remember when her latest rework got into motion (over a year ago, now!), it was delayed three times because Shurelia wanted to make it right. But then, she handed it off to a newer employee about two weeks before it actually came out, which was very upsetting news... Kayle rework delayed three times, and for what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurelia View Post
I wanted Kayle to have a dual scaling system that scales off of different items. She would have a fully carry route, full support route and a hybrid route.
(Taken from http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=12119831)

This is just an example of where expectations didn't meet outcome. I, (and others) was (were) glad to read this because that's what made Kayle: her versatility and ability to have many itemization routes and playstyles. Needless to say, what Shurelia posted is not what we got.

Also, here's a wonderful thread that -- unfortunately -- is almost never mentioned in any of the Kayle threads anymore. You might find it useful for her new rework. I think it has some great ideas in it that could still work.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=607367

It's 139 pages of posts describing what many players would've liked to see with her most recent rework. I've read through many of the posts, and most of the players actually posted that they liked her build flexibility and capability to fill many roles. It's shocking what can happen in a year, because now people seem to be okay with her pigeonholed into some half ranged carry build every single game.

But aside from the tips, I mainly wanted to point out what I saw were shortcomings with the last rework. I just don't want this supposed "chainsaw" of a rework to turn out instead like a supposed box-cutter of a rework, like last time.

Capt Kato Marika

04-09-2012

We need more Kayle talk. Morello come back

MrTryHard Bro

04-09-2012

Quote:
Knowing Guinsoo's brand of mad science, probably both
If you it's the case, I'll have no problem with her rework

Willis87

04-09-2012

Revert meow

Brazi1ianWax

04-09-2012

I posted a thread earlier today:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?t=2003999&

The crux of my argument was to make kayle scale better with ap and allow a hybrid build to become viable, increase the base damage on her q, but reduce her tankiness and put a cap on how much damage her ultimate absorbs.

Needless to say I somehow made 2 groups of people angry. Those who wanted kayle buffed and those who felt she was already strong/needed nerfs. Thread was promptly closed.

GoldenPlana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2012

lol just some heal buffs, thats it

Aim Wizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2012

pre this patch, i've been playing kayle all the time, probably about 200-300 games with her thus far, and might i say she is absolutely fine now. she needed the buff on her w, I'd even like the heal the to be trashed and instead give it some attack speed with the speed buff, makes her less of a support and more of the kayle karry i play her as ! then we'd have a champion everyone could enjoy!

Strill

04-18-2012

Quote:
Chainsaw to Kayle, and agreed it needs a lot.

I'm done pussyfooting around this champion when we work on her. No mercy for what's there, I want an awesome, Zealous angel champion.
Very disappointed. It's true Kayle is not at all a hybrid and has very very little incentive to go AP, but that just means she can go AD and still support just as well. I like that. Please don't change Kayle.

Eletale

04-18-2012

Quote:
Unsure still, behind Stealth, Katarina and Karma at least.
This translates as never, guys.

Maglad One Chain

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talamare View Post
ZEALOUS ANGEL OF DEATH PLEASE
All them pictures and all dat zeal!

http://youtu.be/qtbFuichL64