very bad lag!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShowgunTimmy

03-14-2012

I just started this game cuz i wanted to play with a friend...and this is the only MMO type game to give really bad lag. I went from like 50m-22k within like 3 mins? other mmo type games i have played nver gave me issues. I even reboot the modem multiple times. shut down any background programs using internet and any other things in the house using internet as well was shut off. I have Cox Ultimate with which is like 55-60 Mbps. I just now did a test on speedtest.net and got 60.10 Mbps down and 6.26 up. which is the norm. I also set everything to low as possible on graphics to see if maybe that would work. It did not. I as also flagged for leaving. not my fault I kept losing connection.

please help me to figure what i need to do to fix this. thanks

Màrkyle

03-15-2012

Did you try re-installing the game? That's the only thing I can think of.

DoubleSb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2012

Turn off any background progeams, if you're on a wireless connection, get a wire. Could be the problem.

ShowgunTimmy

03-15-2012

have not tried that yet Markyle. and DoubleSB I did turn off all and any background programs. I am on a wired network.

Anemona

03-15-2012

bump

AngeredSpoon

03-15-2012

Are all of your firewalls allowing LoL through?
Have you tried forwarding the respective ports for this game?

ShowgunTimmy

03-15-2012

angeredSpood just went into my router settings, I have a DGL 4500 Dlink gamerlounge router : ) makes it super easy to add the ports I needed. do i need to add the 5001-5050 I saw a post that you just need 5001-5003? now i need to be unbanned so i can test it out.

ShowgunTimmy

03-15-2012

and I just allowed it through my windows 7 firewall

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

03-15-2012

If you're getting 22,000ms ping, something is wrong with your network.

Try bypassing your Dlink router and going straight to your modem.

ShowgunTimmy

03-15-2012

22k and even higher, even if that works, can't really keep it there, kinda have to have that there for other processes. I'm going to to try the firewall idea, but I'm suspended for leaving for 1 day when actually I kept loosing connection cuz of extreme high ping. and this is only online game that causes such high ping no other online games gave such huge pings.