Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Viktor. Why does no one use him?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chakra VIII

03-16-2012

If you're not buying the Gravity Augment, you're playing Viktor wrong.

The increased range on the gravity field is what changes Viktor from a sub-par mid, to one that dominates the lane and teamfights. The field literally wrecks the enemy team. It has a ridiculously low cooldown time, and with the increased range it's nearly impossible not to catch at least one enemy in it, pretty much setting the fight in your favor. It also makes capturing and holding objectives very easy. Don't be fooled by the extra damage and dot on the Death augment, the damage does not compensate for the utility of the Gravity Augment.

Chakra VIII

03-16-2012

Not to mention, Viktor's worst problems in lane is that he really needs to harass with E, and the Gravity Augment is the only one of Viktor's upgrades that gives him more mana and mana regen. Without this Augment you're completely reliant on blue buff to stay in lane.

Yoshifanatic

03-16-2012

Did they ever fix his buggy laser?

Brigaldio

03-16-2012

I don't like that you have to pay for his passive. Otherwise he seems ok.

MajorVance

10-22-2013

In League of Legends, I've always wanted to be that player that buys and uses champs you don't get to see that much of very often ( in general ). In this case, it's Viktor. When I first started playing this game 5 months ago, I scrolled through the champions list and saw that Viktor really stood out to me. I don't know why, but I used to base my purchases off of what the champions looked like, not by how they function and what their strengths and weaknesses were. But hey, I guess that's how we all thought when we first started playing this game with no idea of how the game works or anything (or maybe it's just me XD). Anyway, after a couple of months of playing LoL and understanding it more, I discovered that many people don't really use Viktor, whether they say that he's too "weak" or too hard. I still bought him though because I wanted to use champions that most players don't use. I think Viktor is a great champion. I think he dishes out a lot of AP damage. In fact, I think every champion is great. It's just a matter of how you view and interpret the picture. And when people say he's hard to use, what's wrong about that? That's only more reason why you should get him, because he's difficult to use. I think using difficult champs help you become more of a better-skilled LoL player. If you think his E is hard to land, practice more. If you think he's too weak, think about it more. If you think his passive is a "waste of an item slot", learn how to build him by getting items that fully coordinate with it. But don't think that if I say this, you have to believe it to. That's just how "I" view the picture.