Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Viktor. Why does no one use him?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hastule

03-15-2012

1k for 99 AP with 30 percent damage burn over 4 seconds on his laser is not bad at all. The closest item to give that much ap is Zonya's and it costs a fortune. Also most of your message is basically what I already said.

Also he has gravity field to "keep them in place", why should his ult do the same? The ult is good as it is. Making it also slow/hold them in place somehow is just asking for a derpy easy to use ult that requires no micromanaging afterwords. Also it actually moves relatively fast; I can't count the number of times I've kited someone trying to run away and snagged the kill with ult

Śesshomaru

03-15-2012

your definitely right about his q, the range is way 2 short and it really annoys me that the animation for the shield takes longer than 2 cast it so dmg can hit you before you actually can get the protection

wtf574

03-15-2012

So is Viktor join the ranks of Trundle and Karma (who are both just terrible)

Enjoyer of Cake

03-16-2012

I like Viktor personally. You can use his gravity augment to get some nice slow/stuns (especially with a rylai's) that can lead to very favorable team fights. In one particular game that was going badly for the most part until this point, I combo'd with a Tibbers and my ult and stun, and melted the whole team in seconds.

crzymdscntst

03-16-2012

He's not fluid enough IMO.

His Q is less than his auto-attack range.
His Ultimate is really costing him too much mana, so he ends up mana starved more than most champs even with blue buff and items and runes and masteries to counter it.
His W and Ultimate disengage upon his death.
Higher skillcap.

Tweaky69

03-16-2012

This may have already been said, some of the posts were tl;dr
But basically it's because he's a jack of all trades, master of none
If you want him for his poke in lane, why not take Xerath, if you want him for nuking, why not take brand, if you want him for cc why not take veigar or even cass to an extent, if you augment the passive for more sustainability/survivability why not take vlad. Basically everything he does, another champ does better, but that being said, if you take the time to get good with him he has everything in his kit that makes a good ap carry.

Impacts

03-16-2012

Hes a underpowered ap carry

Strawberry Cough

03-16-2012

Quote:
wtf574:
So is Viktor join the ranks of Trundle and Karma (who are both just terrible)

Trundle is one of the stronger junglers in the game O_o.

blissless

03-16-2012

vik is extremely strong and if played properly he's completely unmovable from mid (for junglers who camp your lane, just plonk down a W and the 'gank' will very quickly turn badly for them). he's also pretty hilarious, i can't count the number of times the laser has killed someone i didn't know was in a bush or the times the stun rooted someone in range of an allied turret.

IICrowII

03-16-2012

Augment: Death Viktor is a great addition to an AoE based composition. He's not particularly good in 1v1 situations though, so he needs to be the recipient of some ganks to really take off.

If your team can't keep the opponent's team clumped up together, or if he can't get enough farm/kills, Viktor's damage output just isn't very high. The problem here being that with his minimal utility when either of these things happen he doesn't have much to fall back on - most other mages still provide some form of support to your team when the "deal tons of damage" game plan falls through.