Viktor. Why does no one use him?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RandallChong1017

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

i was just wondering why no one uses him. lol

LocusX

03-14-2012

I personally don't like his kit when compared to other choices for mid. His death ray is pretty strong, but i feel like his stun is subpar (especially compared to veigar's), and his ult seems somewhat weak unless the enemy is foolish enough to stand in it.

ninemile

03-14-2012

I use him all the time. He's amazing. Just finished a 11-0 ranked match.

Viktor dominates, I have no idea why he's so disrespected. Learn to hit E and its gg.

ninemile

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarmfiend View Post
I personally don't like his kit when compared to other choices for mid. His death ray is pretty strong, but i feel like his stun is subpar (especially compared to veigar's), and his ult seems somewhat weak unless the enemy is foolish enough to stand in it.
At max level even with subpar AP it does 500 burst damage + ~200 damage per second and it chases. It also silences on hit. So you prevent flash, deal massive damage, and you even have a slow/stun if you need help landing it. Pop it down in a teamfight, and they either sit in it to keep formation, or break formation and run. Either way, you've just ****ed them over.

LocusX

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninemile View Post
At max level even with subpar AP it does 500 burst damage + ~200 damage per second and it chases. It also silences on hit. So you prevent flash, deal massive damage, and you even have a slow/stun if you need help landing it. Pop it down in a teamfight, and they either sit in it to keep formation, or break formation and run. Either way, you've just ****ed them over.
Even such it seems to pale in comparison to Brand or Cassiopeia's ult's. I'm not by any means saying that viktor is weak, I just feel that his ability to dish out damage isn't as good as alot of the other ap champions.

ninemile

03-14-2012

Quote:
Even such it seems to pale in comparison to Brand or Cassiopeia's ult's. I'm not by any means saying that viktor is weak, I just feel that his ability to dish out damage isn't as good as alot of the other ap champions.
It is. Cass has weak poisons, a single target nuke, and a nuke ult. The stun on that ult is nice, but Viks ult is a silence, an AoE burst, and a DoT. His E is a massive team nuke, he has a team stun/slow on a 10 second CD, and he has a single target nuke.

Mathematically his damage output is higher. People prefer cass because in lane, she is more mobile and has more sustain. But Vik is the superior damage issuer and he's stronger in team fights. Pros avoid him because his laser is slow and unreliable, but it also allows for some very bizzare, unpredictable angles.

LocusX

03-14-2012

When i posted i was really thinking more of brand than cass. Cass probably wasn't a good comparison because she's not really a burst-style caster since her skills are so spammable. Brand however is a higher-powered nuking machine. The only advantage i can see that Viktor has over brand is that he has an AoE cc. I don't mean to debate about how useful Viktor is. I just wanted to inform the OP why i personally don't like to play him to possibly give him further insight into "why does no one use [Viktor]?"

DirkTarTar

03-14-2012

because he isnt interesting to most people.
people look at his passive and go "EWWWWW 5 ITEMS"
people look at his lazor and go "EWWWWW HARD TO USE"
people look at his ultimate and go "EWWWWWW NO DAMAGE OR REAL CC"
people look at his trap and go "EWWWWWW NOT INSTANT"
people look at his destructo-disc and go "EWWWWWWW PUNY SHIELD"
many look at viktor and say "meh, [champion] can do his job better"

which is fine... the less viktors there are THE BETTER because then there wont be fools gettin on here crying about him being OP and calling for needless nerfs.... which happens quite frequently, sadly.

Jaykoboy

03-14-2012

I've never gotten to level 16 with him, games end so quickly. I wouldn't know.

(Hint hint as to how powerful he is)

ninemile

03-14-2012

Quote:
When i posted i was really thinking more of brand than cass. Cass probably wasn't a good comparison because she's not really a burst-style caster since her skills are so spammable. Brand however is a higher-powered nuking machine. The only advantage i can see that Viktor has over brand is that he has an AoE cc. I don't mean to debate about how useful Viktor is. I just wanted to inform the OP why i personally don't like to play him to possibly give him further insight into "why does no one use [Viktor]?"
I understand. I'm simply expressing my bafflement as to why people dont like him. He's so amazing. And obviously amazing. His kit is great, his damage amazing, even his passive is incredible, especially in the beggining of the game, and it allows him the freedom of specializing in damage or utility or mobility.

If I see a Cass, I max Q, get movespeed, and get the Shield augment. If im bot, I get gravity augment. Mid, I get death augment. Something for every role, and gives a ton back to his team. He's just a powerful, fun, versatile champ, and I'm constantly amazed at how underplayed and undervalued he is. I have the most fun with him that I've had with any champ since release Orianna.

I really think its just the lack of pros paying attention to him that makes people think he's UP. No one payed attention to Orianna until professionals revealed how amazing she was, and this is the same way.