Champion Synergy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Distrustful

03-14-2012

So I just started playing this game for the first time since beta with a friend who hasn't played since beta either. We play with a third friend who is level 30 and is more experienced. We play Dominion 90% of the time. Now my more experienced friend plays Udyr and my other friend plays Anne or Garen. What would be some good champion options? I played DOTA alot but am rust so not a complete noob but certainly not Pro.

TLDR: Who goes good with Udyr, And Anne/Garen in Dominion.

Marimokkori

03-14-2012

Well Annie is one of the worst picks ever, so it doesn't matter who you play.

Distrustful

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marimokkori View Post
Well Annie is one of the worst picks ever, so it doesn't matter who you play.
The only person who is 100% on what they play in Dominion is Udyr so any two suggestions with Udyr as a 3rd will help. But myself and the other newer guy play together more than we will play with Udyr so any 2 who work really well together and do well with Udyr.

Aparkhurst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

Ashe and Ryze are a good start! They cost only 450 ip and give Udyr the cc he needs to stick to people.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

I don't recommend any of those champs except for Udyr, who usually functions in a solo role. One interesting synergy is Janna Jax Warwick if you are interested in one.

Sauron

03-14-2012

Annie isn't horrible, but she isn't in the top line-up of casters for Dominion. This is largely because team fights are done over wider areas of land and being a burst mage with no mobility or utility skills.

Garen isn't in the top line-up of bruisers for Dominion either, but he can be played well even in high rated games. The main question is whether to pick him over another bruiser like Wukong.

That said, a lot of the cheaper champions (IP-wise) are actually very solid picks on Dominion:

Ryze, Soraka, Nunu, Morgana, Poppy, Singed, Alistar, Teemo, Janna and Master Yi are all viable mage picks at 1350 IP or less (Though I don't recommend playing Alistar or Yi as mages unless you're more experienced).

Kayle, Sivir, Ashe, Jax, Nasus, Sion, Teemo and surprisingly Malphite are all excellent attacker champions for Dominion at 1350 IP or less. Master Yi, Mundo and Evelynn are also good as attackers but are not easy to play well.

The list of viable Dominion champions is actually quite large, contrary to what you may hear in the general discussion forums.

Distrustful

03-14-2012

Well my friend always plays Udyr and I have gotten alot of the 450 chars and was actually looking at Kassadin to learn and master will this be ok for Dominion and what would a good 3rd be if so?

Ikarurob

03-14-2012

I dont know Mr. 1.5 tier.....sure you have alot of experience, and are quite good.....but can we trust you with your list of champs or going against conventional wisdom about champs?

ShawNuff

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distrustful View Post
Well my friend always plays Udyr and I have gotten alot of the 450 chars and was actually looking at Kassadin to learn and master will this be ok for Dominion and what would a good 3rd be if so?
If your friend isn't playing Udyr in bot lane, have him learn... it is a really strong lane. Kassadin is really strong in Dominion... just make sure to build him well... If I remember right, the dominion recommended items weren't the best.

Basoosh

03-15-2012

To be honest, just find a champion you like and play it. General game experience and core mechanics are going to improve your game far more than selecting the perfect champion at this point.

That said, try to diversify the champions you pick up as you go along. Get someone tanky. Get someone that does attack damage. Get someone that does magic damage. And get someone that can lane bottom.