AP Warwick - works? Confused about Hungering Strike

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheius View Post
I can see Revolver for even more troll healing, but that's about the limit.
More autoattacks = more healing. There's no point stacking spell pen or spell vamp when you can be enhancing your autoattack for the same effect, while drastically increasing your damage output. Malady is a cheap way to top off your AS while giving you a nice amount of MR reduction.

Late game WW with Wit's + Malady + Mallet does 275 magic DPS and 350 AD dps with autoattacks alone and heals for like 150 health per second.

Hungering Strike used on cooldown against a 2500 HP target is 138 DPS. Wooooo. Stacking spell pen and wasting tons of gold on AP is so worth it!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugs From Momma View Post
Why would you build AP on WW at all?
To spam /laugh with as you Q yourself for massive amounts of hp is about all that ap ww does.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

avatarofrandom

Senior Member

03-14-2012

Sorc boots to start and then Void staff as a late game item. It also syncs with Thornmail if you're using one. But really, I would rather have SV, Sorc boots, FH, FM, Wits, Malady for damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aparkhurst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
More autoattacks = more healing. There's no point stacking spell pen or spell vamp when you can be enhancing your autoattack for the same effect, while drastically increasing your damage output. Malady is a cheap way to top off your AS while giving you a nice amount of MR reduction.

Late game WW with Wit's + Malady + Mallet does 275 magic DPS and 350 AD dps with autoattacks alone and heals for like 150 health per second.

Hungering Strike used on cooldown against a 2500 HP target is 138 DPS. Wooooo. Stacking spell pen and wasting tons of gold on AP is so worth it!
You didn't do any math on frozen heart or Randuin's.... not to mention how much easier it is to Q spam over autoattacking


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparkhurst View Post
You didn't do any math on frozen heart or Randuin's.... not to mention how much easier it is to Q spam over autoattacking
Omen is definitely not high on the list of items you want to build against WW. In fact, I'd put it as one of the worst items to build against him, since it grants no MR and increases health.

Other seriously bad items to build against WW:
Sunfire
RoA
Rylai's
Mallet

Doesn't matter what build he his, build these and he will eat you.

FH is a fair point, but lowering his autoattack speed by 20% means he's still doing 500 autoattack DPS (or slightly more since that build puts him slightly over the AS cap). And still less than 150 with Q.

Q spam is also a massive mana dump, and any WW can tell you how fun it is being out of mana, with any build. But at least with an on hit + Mallet build you still retain decent sustain, decent utility and damage (and you can keep W up forever with base mana regen).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrS8N

Senior Member

03-14-2012

Magic damage != AP.. ok.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForgedLife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-14-2012

you build him magic pen, not ability power. The only AP items worth considering are Malady, Abyssal, Haunting Guise off the top of my head


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DramaticBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-14-2012

It scales with enemy HP, increasing the flat damage wouldn't do a **** thing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

avatarofrandom

Senior Member

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaticBear View Post
It scales with enemy HP, increasing the flat damage wouldn't do a **** thing.
It is a 1:1 ap ratio so it helps vs squishies that's about it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bonabon

Senior Member

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaticBear View Post
It scales with enemy HP, increasing the flat damage wouldn't do a **** thing.
It's a greater value between a percentage of the targets health or a base amount plus a percentage of your AP.


12