Riot Wars RPG

1234511 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valkyrie Lead

03-14-2012

Alright, so, after much deliberation, it's been decided to unveil a new project that myself and several others are undertaking at this time.

As the Title suggests, we're creating a full length game, based around the Riot Wars.

Details are thin at this time, but work has already begun in the planning stages, and I'll keep updating the thread as we go.

The Riot Wars RPG is going to be based upon the Fire Emblem, with game play most similar to FE7. The Graphics are planned to be 2d, unless we find others willing to help us expand our programing knowledge and capabilities.

We're looking for programmers versed with FE mods. We're doing this with a love for the idea and the story we've woven. If you wish to help, please don't hesitate.

We have over 90 PCs and plenty of NPCs in the works, with Rioters, Champions and our own characters from the Riot Wars involved, in addition to numerous environments and characters to interact with.

Current Staff:
Mr T Virus – Balancing
Valkyrie Lead – Story/writing
xMsyk – Lead Modder/Coding
Sleiphner- Assistant Balancing

Looking for:
Sprite Animators/Artists
Coders/Modders
Artists
Sound editing/converstion

We're looking for dedicated, passionate, highly enthusiastic and experienced (even a little helps) members to help us with our project. If you think you can help out, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hey guys, Mr T Virus here.

I just wanted to come onto the thread quick and go into more detail concerning this project. I guess you can I'm also the Producer/Conceptual Artist/Level Designer/Scenario Writer/etc, so I'll try to explain as best i can.

Simply put, I conceptualize making the Riot War RP into an interactive game that would allow for better story telling and compelling, deep game play. Fire Emblem was chosen as the best fit out of several RPGs that could fulfill both of those goals. For those of you who are not familiar with FE, check it out here: http://fire-emblem.com/radiantdawn/launch.html

Right now, we are currently looking for those willing to help out with this, well, Uber-fan project. We're planning on following a good part of the Riot War RP thus far, also allowing a few diverging paths for the campaigns. Yes, campaigns. Meanign two. There will be two patches for the Mod following the exploits of the Iron Solari Conclave, lead by Lord IronStylus, and the New Morello Republic, lead by Morello (shocker, right?). Several of the other factions will make appearances. It'll be your choices to conquer or recruit to help decide the fate of the Riot War.

This project will be a huge endeavor, and frankly, it'll take forever to accomplish jsut between three guys. so help is a must. Right now, the help that we are looking for are those that are willing and able to assist in bringing the world to life through the various FEHack tools available. To get a better idea of what we mean, you can find more info here:

http://www.feshrine.net/hacks.html

If this is the kind of thing that's relevant to your interests, we'd love to here from you. But first, I'll go over what we're looking for in greater detail.

Artists/Animators:

What we're looking for here are people that can help us create custom sprites to represent the characters, Rioters, Champions and NPCs that appear in the RP. The main focus of the art is relatively simple: Character portraits that for each character as well as various sprites. Sprites will include Map View, Idle, Attacking, Critical Strike, Dodging, etc. Basic animation knowledge making them look fluid is prefered, but not required. There are over 90 playable characters and plenty of NPCs, so you'll hardly be short on work. The art style is from Japan, so yes, that does mean anime. Experience there is rather prefered. Here's what it'll look like:

Custom sprites and animations:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtAKhW_gwRI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnFkx-TzJNg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFFdJvdZCPc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V94-IYWfY4

Hackers/Modders:

The primary job here will be to learn and use the tools provided to help bring the world to life mechanically. You'll be working directly will all of the other positions, so communication skills are a must. Basic mechanics are already done through the ROMS, but you will be responsible for patching, altering characters, creating events, help balance/modify Classes, and playtesting. (Don't misread that as 'play', it's 'testing'. :P) This job is the most critical, so don't hesitate to volunteer. Experience in standard programming languages is not require, you will be learning on the job. However, if you are versed in the ways of the FE Hacks, we would be more than appreciate the help. Here's a few examples of the kind of things we'll expect to be doing.

Events:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OdLo5miNN0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WY1R1T0GaI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6CwgsyClPM

Sound Editing/Sound Conversion:

For the Hacks, we'll be adding our music to the game. However, in order to do that, the sound files need to be in MIDI format. The job is simple, to convert any music and/or sound effects to be add to the game into MIDI files and work with the Hackers/Modders. The tools needed are provided on the forum listed above as well. We're just looking those willing and able to help.

That about wraps up my speil for now, if anyone has any further questions, feel free to ask. We'll be sure to keep you guys updated on the game's progress from time to time, so stay tuned. :P

- Mr T Virus

Feel free to ask questions.

Contact Information

Anyone interested in joining the project can contact us via the game client. Feel free to add any of us to speak with us, or we're almost all usually found in the ISC chat room.

For news, updates and information, or if you just have questions, you can contact me via the ISC chatroom or my twitter, @ValkyrieLead .

For inquisitions about coding and modding, contact lordmsyk@gmail.com, he checks it frequently.

“Just give me a nerf bat and call me 'Morello', I'm designing the world darn it!” –Mr T Virus

Questions and Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragazinski View Post
So you are quite literally going to take Riot's name, Fire Emblem's story, and FE7 gameplay? Let me see those copyrights agreements quick....
This is a completely fan made undertaking. We plan on crediting anything and everything we must, but it shouldn't be an issue. It's similar to Fan Art that you see on the Summoner Showcases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kUkara4 View Post
What kind of artists do you need? I have actually no idea what FE is *googling it up*. What kind of art style are you aiming at?
FE stands for Fire Emblem. The style we're going for is mostly reminiscent of Fire Emblem 7, so a slightly anime inspired feel to the art, stylized for ease of programing and coding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xallan View Post
The Legend of Phreak
Quest for the Trinity Force
do it
We have a number of side missions planned as well as the main story line

KoolAidRenegade

03-14-2012

If you're making a game using Riot copyrighted designs, might want to run it past their legal department first.

kUkara4

03-14-2012

What kind of artists do you need? I have actually no idea what FE is *googling it up*. What kind of art style are you aiming at?

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

Great idea good luck

Ragazinski

03-14-2012

So you are quite literally going to take Riot's name, Fire Emblem's story, and FE7 gameplay? Let me see those copyrights agreements quick....

QuestForDankWeed

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragazinski View Post
If it's free ware, they don't need to.

Xallan

03-14-2012

The Legend of Phreak
Quest for the Trinity Force

do it

Tehadam

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAidRenegade View Post
If you're making a game using Riot copyrighted designs, might want to run it past their legal department first.
As long as they aren't using it for commercial purposes it should be classified underneath Fan Art which is good under the fair use copyright license. (note I am not a lawyer)

Also since they're posting this on the forums a red can come in here and whether its cool or not.

kUkara4

03-14-2012

speaking about 3d graphics, why don't you use Unity3D engine. Very simple to use, very powerful.

AngeredSpoon

03-14-2012

What language are you writing it in?

1234511 ... 13