1500's Mid-Lategame Strategy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amatzikahni

03-14-2012

I'm starting to waddle around 1500 far too long for my own comfort, and I've noticed some common themes in games. Many times, if we grab an Ace or win a teamfight by a good margin, there are three things to consider: Baron, Turrets, and flat-out recall to buy items and get buffs upon returning. I know the typical answer is, "It's situational," but it seems like my team is never doing the thing I feel is best, and that's why I'm asking for some pointers on how to consider optimizing these objectives. Even if I am making the right calls, and my team just wants to press onward somewhere else, I have doubt in my own mind because it seems like no one ever listens to me once this stage of the game hits.

Usually, if the enemy spawn timers are around 20 seconds remaining after the fight, we can push down a tower with relative ease and run to Dragon real fast before recalling and preparing to fight at Baron, and that's usually what happens (although sometimes people just run to dragon without the turret). If the timers are a bit longer, like 30 seconds, I always tell everyone to grab Baron but they usually opt to push lanes and down turrets instead of listening. If we barely came out of the teamfight alive and the timers aren't very long, I just tell everyone (even if one or two people are at max health) to recall and prepare for the next fight because the enemies will all be at max health with more items. Are these good rules of thumb? Am I missing the mark by a large margin here?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MxZeal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

Agreed.