[Item Suggestion] Attack with HP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CooLTanG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

10-19-2009

I don't see why Ability Power items have so much HP, armor & magic resist, but Attack Damage items have no HP or Armor or Magic Resist whatsoever. Over half the dmg in any games is Magic dmg now that we can see it clearly, but melees can only get the Frozen Mallet for HP & attack, although most buy it just clearly for the slowing on it.

Some people don't want to build melee to be a glass cannon like myself so we gotta sacrifice a slot or 2 just entirely for armor/hp/magic resist.

renticletape

10-19-2009

Atmas impaler is a dmg + hp item, but its been nerfed into the ground because of the people QQing about how imba it is to have damage and hp. AP + HP items need to be fixed because they are just too powerful right now.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2009

there's not that many ap items with hp. just archangel and rod of ages. i will say rod of ages gives too much hp though. rylai is expensive enough to make it understandable but rod of ages could use just a tiny nerf. i'd say the real root of the problem is catalyst the protector is a little too cheap. gonna post about catalyst.

Ripster

10-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by renticletape View Post
Atmas impaler is a dmg + hp item, but its been nerfed into the ground because of the people QQing about how imba it is to have damage and hp. AP + HP items need to be fixed because they are just too powerful right now.
Atma's has no HP. He's asking for an item that has both attack an HP, not just attack that scales off HP.

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

10-25-2009

atma's used to have HP, but it was a lil rediculous. I personally get frozen mallet for the HP and damage, the slowing effect is not normally enough to change an outcome from a situation where you would miss the kill, to one where you can get the kill, apart from on a few champions. I disagree that LoL needs more survivability + damage items, because i dont want a game where the champions with the strongest late game dps can also have good survivability without having to make a sacrifice on their dps potential.

Casters can build rod of the ages and rylai's scepterr to get HP and AP, and i think they have it worse than melee. Any caster who wants to tank up usually gets 2 RoA, and even then, has to wait time after completing them for the stats to tick over before its actually a good item (meaning its not that great when you first buy it, and you need the 15ish minutes for it to power up before its worth its cost), and possible a rylai's, but rylai's doesnt work well with certain casters (zilean, fiddlesticks, teemo, etc) who have spells that dont work with it, or not very spammable spells that do apply its effect.

Physical dps champions on the other had can build not only frozen mallet (as you mentioned) but also trinity force (which i find is still worthwhile getting, even if you have a mallet), and also aegis of the legion, both items giving survivability as well as increased offensive potential.

Zine

10-25-2009

This has bugged me for a while. Late game casters have a ton of HP and a ton of AP where as physical DPS characters have to choose to either stack damage or to give up some damage in order to have some survivability. In one game we played against 4 casters all 4 of them had over 3500 HP without giving up any AP. I think either the HP or the AP needs to be scaled down on the RoA and ArchAngel.

Corltan

10-25-2009

I would argue that life leech, generally, more than compensates for the hp need. Casters have some hp options, but they are generally expensive and detract from your ability to maximize your AP or mana pool and regen needs. Attack carries, on the other hand, can without too much cost invest in life leech which scales in effectiveness according to their damage output.

Ripster

10-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corltan View Post
I would argue that life leech, generally, more than compensates for the hp need. Casters have some hp options, but they are generally expensive and detract from your ability to maximize your AP or mana pool and regen needs. Attack carries, on the other hand, can without too much cost invest in life leech which scales in effectiveness according to their damage output.
Go go stuns/blinds/death.

Corltan

10-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripster View Post
Go go stuns/blinds/death.
Thats the risk you run when you play a carry and are outnumbered or make the mistake of being the first into a teamfight. But lets be honest, anyone caught in the situation you describe without support is dead... so applying it to carries is silly. Don't be the one initiating teamfights as a glass cannon if you are up against the entire enemy team. 400 or 500 hp isn't going to save you from being stupid.

Kimmy Gibler

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
there's not that many ap items with hp. just archangel and rod of ages. i will say rod of ages gives too much hp though. rylai is expensive enough to make it understandable but rod of ages could use just a tiny nerf. i'd say the real root of the problem is catalyst the protector is a little too cheap. gonna post about catalyst.
Archangel's has no HP. "400 Mana +25 Mana Regen per 5 sec +45 Ability Power Passive: 2% of your Max Mana is converted to Ability Power. UNIQUE Passive: Each time your Champion uses an Ability their Maximum Mana will increase by 4 Mana. This effect has a 3 second cooldown."

Rylai's is very expensive, but I'm glad it is.

If i get Rod of ages early and Rylai's that's more than enough for me as a caster.

I love getting frozen mallet for hp + dmg. Or I'll just opt for Sunfire's. As it was said, Lifestealing items kind of make up for it as well.