Xerath in dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hi im bigsuga

03-14-2012

I've been playing him a lot recently. His harass and ability to interrupt captures is almost unmatched. As long as your team can keep them away from you, you can stun and nuke away. His stun and damage are great at preventing low health enemy turret dives. What do you guys think?

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

His range is what makes him so powerful

But then you might want to try lux too

Stralucire

03-14-2012

Lux is definitely a stronger control/harassment champ. Better at node defense, better at kiting, better for leading champs into ganks. But in a down and dirty skirmish, I'd rather have Xerath.

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

Generally on Dominion it's pretty easy to come around behind someone, and then Xer has issues. Which is in part to say he's more of a burden on his team for protection than other champs that bring more to the table. In the right team comp he can work fine though. I feel similarly with him as I do with Morg on dom: if only I had 20% more damage I could kill someone before having to wait for my cds to refresh a third time (or twice, if ult was used).

Viktor has a slightly higher skill cap, but does better both top and bot. His better stun gives a better escape, and he farms more easily. Both he & Xer are dependent on their ults being up to 1v1 most champs.

That said, most teams work better if they have a solid poke champ, and Xerath is the master of long range poke. I just wouldn't solo queue him.

GrignardTS

03-14-2012

Xerath is a solid AP.

You usually need to send at least 2 to peel him off a point.

Not because he's tanky or anything, but he'll just dance around the tower from miles away interrupting every capture.

Plus, his W in tandem with Void Staff makes him very good at killing these tankyderp running rampant right now.

Yaladilae

03-14-2012

Well having said what i said earlier, Xerath has a stun, Lux has no hard cc, but more soft cc

Both is awesome, but Lux is more commonly seen then Xerath for sure

EinzigerAI

03-14-2012

So I decided to try him in a bot game because of this thread. 19/1/2 later this dude is so much fun to play! Mind you its a bot game and practical application doesn't apply there but wow he is fun to play.

Huniz

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
...Lux has no hard cc, but more soft cc...
Does a root not count as a hard cc?

Octovert

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsuga View Post
As long as your team can keep them away from you
And herein lies the difficulty.

Stralucire

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huniz View Post
Does a root not count as a hard cc?
Hard CC means complete loss of control. Stun, fear, taunt, and knock-up fall under hard CC. Everything else falls under soft CC.

Root comes close to being a hard CC, depending on the champion, since it locks out any movement dependent skills (for instance, it shuts down Riven's dash and jumpy strikey thing), but since champs can still use other skills, and still auto-attack, root is just a soft CC.