Can Ryze carry a retarded team?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glenn Quagmire

07-15-2012

Hi guys title says it all, i want to know if ryze can carry a not so coordinated team because im in the 1200-1300 elo range and i want to get higher so i asked a few of my friends and they told me to play ryze. Ive been having trouble with him but now i think i got the basic jist of how to play him. So please feel free to leave your opinion whether u think a good ryze can carry solo q games. Thanks!

DonnFirinne

07-15-2012

I haven't played ranked yet, but when I was leveling up Ryze can stomp on teams. Nobody thinks he deals a ton of damage, so rush your tear, stack it up, crush your laning opponent, and kill the jungler when he comes to gank. Works almost every time. Just make sure you don't get cocky before you get your tear. Before that, Ryze deals no damage.

Fluffyknowsyou

07-15-2012

You'd be retarded to insta lock him anyways,but no he can't anymore.Ever since they nerfed his mana ratios, he's more balanced. He's still an incredibly strong pick vs champs of similar range like swain,but gets shutdown by long range like orianna.

TeknoWizard

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffyknowsyou View Post
You'd be retarded to insta lock him anyways,but no he can't anymore.Ever since they nerfed his mana ratios, he's more balanced. He's still an incredibly strong pick vs champs of similar range like swain,but gets shutdown by long range like orianna.
Really? I quite often destroy Lux mids with him, and she's known for her long range.

Basically, Ryze is an incredibly safe lane. He builds very tanky so you don't have to worry about getting blown up. And he puts out damage like crazy. At level 11-ish with a tear and catalyst, I've killed people from 1500 health in one burst.

Fluffyknowsyou

07-15-2012

A lux who can't harass with her e or land her q isn't really a problem xD

X plicit 1

07-15-2012

NO

NoneLikeRob

07-15-2012

Ryze can carry, contrary to popular belief, but he is in no way the best choice to carry with, the reasons for this have been stated beautifully by Fluffyknowsyou.

CounterSnipe

07-16-2012

No. One single player cannot carry an entire team. In fact, most teams that have one single player doing well tend to lose because all of their power is invested in that one single player. I think the best way to carry a game is to encourage the people on your team who are playing poorly, and not get into any raging arguments your team has.

DonnFirinne

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CounterSnipe View Post
No. One single player cannot carry an entire team. In fact, most teams that have one single player doing well tend to lose because all of their power is invested in that one single player. I think the best way to carry a game is to encourage the people on your team who are playing poorly, and not get into any raging arguments your team has.
At low enough elo a fed AD carry with 4 meatshields can carry if the meatshields aren't too stupid. I've done it. I've done it with as little as 2 meatshields too.

Danish Vikingz

07-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CounterSnipe View Post
Say that to snowballed Riven.
She can most definitely carry an entire team, if she gets fed while still in laning phase.

Roam all day and get your team fed in each lane, while yourself is 4-10/0/4-10...