Bottom Lane Attack Speed Nunu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DramaticBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

Note: This is entire thing is a massive gimmick, and I won't guarantee results.

Strange as it may sound, I don't think this a bad build. He has a natural attack speed steroid and an incentive to auto attack.

His problems as a bottom laner come from his lack of push speed, but there's a way to fix this. Ionic Spark, the item which phased out SotD after the removal of dodge, does 110 damage to 4 targets every 4 hits.

You won't have mana problems because you get free spells every 7 attacks.
You'll gain the much needed pushing speed that Nunu lacks.
You will annoy the living **** out of anyone you play against.

Items afterwards are entirely based on what you need to counter the enemy. The only recommendation I can make is Hextech Revolver/Gunblade, and that's only if you're having problems with sustain. I start with Prospector's Ring for early poking power.

Other useful items include: Nashor's Tooth, Wit's End, Abyssal Scepter, Haunting Guise.

Worry about surviving against the enemies damage before you think about killing him. You can push crazy fast, and between Consume and Iceball you have some amazing pressure. You don't have to kill your enemy, only uncap his point. Anything after that is just gravy.

I run 1/21/8 for masteries, you can take what you want. Runes can be anything, although Armor/level, MR/level, and Movespeed are generally recommended. Marks could be attack speed, Mpen, Hybrid Pen, anything you want.

Skill order is 1 point in each at the beginning, then swapping between E and Q, R whenever available.

Things to remember:

Whenever you bloodlust, hit the highest health melee creep you can with it.
Don't use your free spell on bloodlust.
Try to be constantly auto attacking. Obviously back off if its not safe.
Counterbuild as necessary.
Poke whenever you have a free spell, but again, only when its safe.
Save ult if you're absolutely sure you can kill him with it, otherwise only use it if the enemy reaches your point with a **** load of creeps.
Ulting in a bush isn't visible unless they have sight in the bush. Be a sneaky ****er with it.
Doesn't work against Ryze. Works against Urgot.

Fun, not sure how viable it is against some lanes, but fun. Feel free to ask questions.

EDIT: If anyone wants to test some matchups in practice games, add me. I'm looking for AP Yi, Yorick, Cass, and any other solid bot lane pick.

GrignardTS

03-14-2012

I love nunu bot because when they gank you, you bait the dive and press R to win.

I have to try this.

Roundabout

03-14-2012

Noope. AP Nunu With Frozen Heart top!! SO FUN!

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

Some guy ran AD nunu solo top in SR and had great sucess

I always view bot is a bit like that lane in SR, and i don't see why bot AD nunu will not work, godly atk speed, consume for sustain, heavy snowball for chase, and mauling on your opponent until they die

You can also consider hextech gunblade for sustain and extra slow

Ukaei

03-14-2012

You upsetted the people on your team when you tried this against my bad Ryze. I think in the end game chat you said that it didnt work with Nunu but with Urgot. So go Urgot people!

DramaticBear

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukaei View Post
You upsetted the people on your team when you tried this against my bad Ryze. I think in the end game chat you said that it didnt work with Nunu but with Urgot. So go Urgot people!
Actually, they weren't too mad. They weren't exactly winning top either.

FDru

03-14-2012

Tanky AP Nunu should theoretically be strong in bot due to massive sustain and decent harass. Ionic Spark is an excellent idea for actually pushing. Problem is that early game Nunu is so terrible that you get pushed back to your turret by just about anything. You simply cannot push at all, and every ranged DPS and caster outranges your snowballs.

I'd be curious to see how well AD Nunu works though. Constant autoattacking is the only way he can hold a lane early, and lifesteal tanking might actually be viable with his crazy AS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
Some guy ran AD nunu solo top in SR and had great sucess

I always view bot is a bit like that lane in SR, and i don't see why bot AD nunu will not work, godly atk speed, consume for sustain, heavy snowball for chase, and mauling on your opponent until they die

You can also consider hextech gunblade for sustain and extra slow
Laning between Dom and SR is completely different. This is both because of the global mana regen / health relics (which make some champs that excel in SR suck in Dom, like Renekton and Kennen) and the fact that you need to be able to push.

Yaladilae

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Laning between Dom and SR is completely different. This is both because of the global mana regen / health relics (which make some champs that excel in SR suck in Dom, like Renekton and Kennen) and the fact that you need to be able to push.
Well, i agree to that too, but since there is not much data regarding AD nunu, i drew the closest i could

And yes, I did consider the push factor too, which is inherent in nunu because of consume.

GrignardTS

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
And yes, I did consider the push factor too, which is inherent in nunu because of consume.
I wouldn't really consider it a push ability. It doesn't even auto kill the bigger minions always and its CD is too long.

EMeta

03-14-2012

Now I'd like to get Nunu to work as much as the next guy, but I'm not sure about this... A semi-on-hit build banking on his snowball for poke & his ult for gank protection?

Even with Ionic spark + consume (and especially before IS), you're going to have a lot of trouble pushing against any decent bot champ, and snowball isn't that good of poke.