counters renekton

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

7thcloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grundle69 View Post
garen does pretty well, if you can get his silence off before reneks combo and just spin to win
the problem is that you will be trading silence for at least a stun (if not for both 'q' & 'w')
also, while garen has his passive that allows him to heal, garen has to be not taking dmg to be in effect.

i agree that garen has the edge at lvl 1. after that, i dont think he's got the advantage again til lvl 6 (if that)

Aceroar

04-05-2012

try pantheon if u get a chance. And perhaps nid (ad not ap) would be a half decent counter as well.

Greekwog

05-20-2012

How the **** does Akali counter him? Akali pre-6 is fairly weak and you have potentially 3 AOE skills(Q, E and R) when she goes in shroud. Also, once she hits 6, you're ult will make you tanky enough. Renekton shreads Akali HARD!

I personally hate laning vs Teemo. First he is ranged so you have to walk to W him which is much harder then melee. I feel I can only go agressive around level 3/4 and by then he has chunked a fair bit of my hp. Although I am not that experienced with Renekton. It's just Annoying >.<

FatMii

05-20-2012

Try to stay away from Renekton in the early levels because he beats most champs 1v1 pre-6. Most champions that has some ranged farming abilities or harass can probably beat Renekton. Udyr does pretty well against Renekton at early levels if you start with Cloth Armor because Udyr deals magic damage instead of mostly physical like Renekton.

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2012

If you can trade favorably with him, (and not let him kill you a bunch early) you can deal with him. Olaf works well, as he can blast away with true damage on Ren's relatively small health pool, then sustain back up with his lifesteal move.

Also, Jax can defeat him once he reaches level 6. Try not to die more than a couple times early, and then you should have a slight advantage because of your ultimate.

As a jungler, get your top lane to bait out his combo (including 2nd dash, hopefully) then jump on him with 2 and pound him while he is on CD.

Chogull

05-21-2012

I would imagine that Malphite is a strong pick against Renekton top. Youre not going to 1v1 him and burst him down... but you def wont lose your lane.

SavageWolves

05-21-2012

I've walked all over a Malphite toplane as Ren. Aggressive play on the crocodile's part early will result in multiple kills and malph being underfamred and underleveled from being zoned.

Reposition

05-21-2012

WTH ARE YALL SMOKIN. Renekton is one of the strongest laners in the game, with an insane level 2-3 burst. To counter him, you need somebody with a ****ton of tankiness and damage. I've only beaten renek with AD nidalee and Lee. Teemo gets absolutely crushed, since he's squishy. Vs renekton, just prepare to build fast ninja tabi and wriggles. Maybe even another armor item if you're really getting raped. A renek that knows what he's doing spells disaster for most solo top champs. He kills anybody that is squishy early game in about 2 round of harass.

MrGalaxis

05-21-2012

its Garen

I Nom Babys

04-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilltestingman View Post
tbh, I would give teemo the greatest shot to beating renekton. His range attack + blind and speed makes it really hard for renek to do much. Sure he can dash toward u and w + q, but then teemo has 5-7 seconds to free attack renekton.

The truth is renekton is extremely powerful early game on, so don't expect yourself to push him far back, even with teemo. As long as you don't let him free farm and get a lot of early kills, he shouldn't be a problem later on
Teemo counters EVERYONE except teemo...