counters renekton

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackJesus101

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thcloud View Post
not high elo at all, but i've played a lot of renekton.
there is not a hero that counters him, let alone even forces me to alter my runes, masteries or starting items.

irelia: i'm not sure who actually ever loses to irelia top unless the summoner's name is wickd

vlad: never faced him top

rumble: i also play a lot of rumble, the damage comparison cannot be made. the skills cannot be compared either. rumble is made to conserve spells while renekton is made to use as much as possible. speed up vs double dash, life steal vs shield, slow vs stun.

warwick: you essentially have guaranteed dmg. you outdmg him. you lifesteal just as well. again, i dont even bother with MR

wukong: maybe? my problem is that they all seem to be stupid at my elo. problem with wukong is that his is a single dash vs your double. you have a stun and an aoe lifesteal. he has zero lifesteal. it is impossible to exchange with renekton w/o taking harassment back

gp: i dont even bother going cloth

teemo: renekton's 3 out of 4 spells are non-targeting dmg, blind does nothing to him besides annoy last hitting. if anything, renekton is a hard counter to teemo top.

akali: again, so much is non-targetting that the shroud does not make a difference. in addition, he has a stun to lock her in place if she ults you.

so far, your best bet is riven. it essentially becomes a skill contest, but in my head, i feel if both players are of equal skill, the riven should win
i dont know what retarded players u have laned against but gp can easily beat him as explained in my other post above oh and teemo is ranged he can just kite his poison negates almost ll of reneks sustain and renektons dash is not long enough to catch teemo

Epjest

03-16-2012

Sustain + armor > Renekton

I can't for the life of me kill a poppy that starts with W, flat armor, and cloth armor in lane.
Malphite is also unkillable. I can still torture their farming and won't die to them.
GP is the worst however since a good one will always win exchanges due to oranges.

Wulsibeyin

03-30-2012

Anyone ever think to go double AD carry? Send someone who hits hard, with lots of range (Kog, Cait) top vs Renek, how would that do? Renek has to dash in to get close enough to do anything, which seems like simple set-up for Cait or Kog slows and lets them just pick away at him.

On a side-note: how do you keep a Renekton from farming out the ***? Even as GP, he started cloth and had armor and hpregen runes and just ignored my parrrleys. Then, he got Wriggle's and sustained the hell out of anything I tried to do.

7thcloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulsibeyin View Post
Anyone ever think to go double AD carry? Send someone who hits hard, with lots of range (Kog, Cait) top vs Renek, how would that do? Renek has to dash in to get close enough to do anything, which seems like simple set-up for Cait or Kog slows and lets them just pick away at him.
cait could probably do it due to her perfect laning skillset (dash/slow, trap, aoe clear) but kog would die pretty quickly. kog has no escapes while renekton has so many. no sustain on kog either. and even if kog were to do well, how would kog ever survive jungle ganks top?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulsibeyin View Post
On a side-note: how do you keep a Renekton from farming out the ***? Even as GP, he started cloth and had armor and hpregen runes and just ignored my parrrleys. Then, he got Wriggle's and sustained the hell out of anything I tried to do.
gp is not much of a problem for renekton. slow doesnt matter much vs a double-dash and his sustain is inferior to renekton's. in addition, the primary purpose of renekton's stun in lane is more to do dmg than it is for the stun. his 'q' will hit gp regardless of whether he citruses or not.

7thcloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJesus101 View Post
i dont know what retarded players u have laned against but gp can easily beat him as explained in my other post above oh and teemo is ranged he can just kite his poison negates almost ll of reneks sustain and renektons dash is not long enough to catch teemo
would love to 1v1 sometime. i have yet to face a good teemo let alone one that is anywhere close to beating me. same for gp but i have faced good ones

sorahameru

04-04-2012

try alot of cc and watch his fury. improve attack speed and damage and just walk in, hit, walk out, if he stuns u, flash behind him and attack and get out of his area. shaco is really good for this, i use twitch more though, twitch also sadly does not really have cc

BeeCoy

04-04-2012

You just need someone who can outlast him. A Renekton player should be very aggressive early game. If he doesn't snowball/do well early game his late game will be poor.

Chocoleit

04-04-2012

As a renekton player i can tell you that pantheon counters him really hard... Spear him until he gets half hp, then go WEQ to make him go b ... Care with his ult after lvl 6, thats all

Dekar Volff

04-04-2012

With my experience as renekton, i gotta say that HE counters akali.

Renekton's empowered W hits for almost 35% health earlygame followed with Q and a Dice out, he's a pretty good earlygame solotop, and u gota take advantage on this.

pretty any solotop beats renekton if both are decent IMO

Grundle69

04-04-2012

garen does pretty well, if you can get his silence off before reneks combo and just spin to win