Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

counters renekton

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OhNoWay

03-14-2012

okay i have faced him so many times but i always gget rocked... so i want to know who counters him at top

PDiddy

03-14-2012

Akali.

Garroth

03-14-2012

In my exp most champs can counter him. Escpecially anyone with a ranged ability. But even if you do not have one just wait for the right time to pounce on him. Most players I see with him focus on using his q to heal which doesnt due much healing. So wait for him to get to 50% he will use his q on some creep (typically mid lane not expecting u to do much more than harass him) then just pounce. He wont have his q which is his best move off CD until he decides to run. Just don over purseue if you cant drop him make him go back and heal if he runs right away.

Yanzina

03-14-2012

Quote:
PDiddy:
Akali.

Akali is okay, But when she jumps to him he can stun W Q E E away.

Skilltestingman

03-14-2012

tbh, I would give teemo the greatest shot to beating renekton. His range attack + blind and speed makes it really hard for renek to do much. Sure he can dash toward u and w + q, but then teemo has 5-7 seconds to free attack renekton.

The truth is renekton is extremely powerful early game on, so don't expect yourself to push him far back, even with teemo. As long as you don't let him free farm and get a lot of early kills, he shouldn't be a problem later on

Krshna

03-14-2012

Nearly every top Champion counters Renekton really really hard. The only people he beats are the poor poor laners. As long as you're playing someone who's considered a good top, they should beat Renekton.

Try Irelia, Kennen, Vlad, Rumble, Warwick, Wukong. The only good top laner who he really beasts is GP

BlackJesus101

03-14-2012

Quote:
Krshna:
Nearly every top Champion counters Renekton really really hard. The only people he beats are the poor poor laners. As long as you're playing someone who's considered a good top, they should beat Renekton.

Try Irelia, Kennen, Vlad, Rumble, Warwick, Wukong. The only good top laner who he really beasts is GP

as a GP player no no he does not q poke him then if he e's in on u and stuns u can just w and autoattack him because of GPs passive he cant run effectivly after his abilities are down and will take far more damage in a trade vs any competent gp player

Mattsal

03-14-2012

I'm a renekton player and I can say that you should watch his fury bar. Ofc when it's red he'll surely jump at you, when it's almost, he'll also jump. He's very good at counter-harassing, you also shouldn't call for very early ganks, since he can dash at your jungler's face and dash away once more.
What troubles me is going against a good jungler with a lot of cc, that's all.

btw, a properly well played renekton can outmatch most of the champions the guys above said.

7thcloud

Recruiter

03-15-2012

not high elo at all, but i've played a lot of renekton.
there is not a hero that counters him, let alone even forces me to alter my runes, masteries or starting items.

irelia: i'm not sure who actually ever loses to irelia top unless the summoner's name is wickd

vlad: never faced him top

rumble: i also play a lot of rumble, the damage comparison cannot be made. the skills cannot be compared either. rumble is made to conserve spells while renekton is made to use as much as possible. speed up vs double dash, life steal vs shield, slow vs stun.

warwick: you essentially have guaranteed dmg. you outdmg him. you lifesteal just as well. again, i dont even bother with MR

wukong: maybe? my problem is that they all seem to be stupid at my elo. problem with wukong is that his is a single dash vs your double. you have a stun and an aoe lifesteal. he has zero lifesteal. it is impossible to exchange with renekton w/o taking harassment back

gp: i dont even bother going cloth

teemo: renekton's 3 out of 4 spells are non-targeting dmg, blind does nothing to him besides annoy last hitting. if anything, renekton is a hard counter to teemo top.

akali: again, so much is non-targetting that the shroud does not make a difference. in addition, he has a stun to lock her in place if she ults you.

so far, your best bet is riven. it essentially becomes a skill contest, but in my head, i feel if both players are of equal skill, the riven should win

Ormlyr

Recruiter

03-15-2012

Try Morganna