Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Unconventional Supports

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sireyc

03-14-2012

I've found that I am better with so called "unconventional" supports than the normal ones like soraka and sona. Ones that I have found to be decent so far are Anivia, Nidalee, Gangplank, and Nunu. Are there any others?

RickyDown

03-14-2012

Blitzcrank, 3/4 of his spells are CC, and he helps a lot champs get kills with his grab

nohandsguise

03-14-2012

Lux, but she's classified as a support.
Amumu if played correctly.
I can't think of any others atm, however I know there are more because I am into this as well.

Inshead

03-14-2012

I've had some success with shen support bottom a few times.

nohandsguise

03-14-2012

Cho, Voli, Sej, Singed, Mal could all be viable supports due to their poke/harass/setup for kills.
Also, I've played Xerath`as support.

Cenerae

03-14-2012

Orianna works pretty well as a support, but you have to mind her mana bar. Maxing E and keeping it on your carry in the lane makes them absurdly tanky if they're smart and have armor/mr runes. You also get a powerful aoe haste/slow, and your ult displacement adds in the CC you need to be a really effective support.

The only things stopping her from being a core support is her crippling mana issues (no blue for you as support) and the small aoe on her spells. Worth a shot if you want to try something different, though.

Rakaydos

03-14-2012

I platyed a Ryze Vayne lane. I farmed up for Ryze's Tear, then sat back and harassed while Vane got the rest of the lane. Zoned out the other team pretty hard.

Mestaaja

03-14-2012

How do you think one could do with 0cs Poppy as (roaming) support? She doesn't really need any items to be effective, and you could possibly set up some sweet ganks with her, and set up kills for your lane AD carry. Just think your lane would have to play more of a kill lane instead of just farm... I'd like to try it sometime.

Cenerae

03-14-2012

Quote:
Mestaaja:
How do you think one could do with 0cs Poppy as (roaming) support? She doesn't really need any items to be effective, and you could possibly set up some sweet ganks with her, and set up kills for your lane AD carry. Just think your lane would have to play more of a kill lane instead of just farm... I'd like to try it sometime.

If she doesn't have any items, how exactly do you propose she actually do real damage to people?

Mestaaja

03-14-2012

Quote:
Cenerae:
If she doesn't have any items, how exactly do you propose she actually do real damage to people?

Well, do other supports do the damage needed to kill people? No, they set up kills and keep the killing machine safe.
But how about 8% of max health every 4 seconds or so. In addition to that, stunning the target to set up kills for the AD carry, soaking the brunt of the front loaded dmg from the opposition etc.
Go for boots, philo stone, and sheen and you're good to go. Build on that with the kill/assist gold you should be getting quite nicely, provided you get your lane partner to also go more offensive instead of afk farm.