Why Malzahar?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marathos

07-31-2010

I've recently picked up Malzahar because he seemed really fun, which he is. But after playing for a while I'm finding it hard to understand why someone would play him over most of the other casters in the game ie. Ryze, Fiddle, Annie. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong. Any tips/build would be greatly appreciated.

Pancakebuddy

07-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathos View Post
I've recently picked up Malzahar because he seemed really fun, which he is. But after playing for a while I'm finding it hard to understand why someone would play him over most of the other casters in the game ie. Ryze, Fiddle, Annie. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong. Any tips/build would be greatly appreciated.
He's underpowered.

lolpanda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2010

No malzahar's just bad.

xpsychedelico

07-31-2010

The problem is that Malzahar is rather lackluster, and his abilities are kind of buggy.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=189219

Hopefully Riot will take this into consideration and give him a rework he deserves. He is a fun champion to play, just not good enough.

VejiTehDestroyer

07-31-2010

Wow, seriously? I main Malz and yes, he can't one shot people, but hes a freakin beast in team fights. I just silenced your whole team and then proceeded to stun, while damaging no less, your biggest dps threat while my team beats them down....all while a dot runs rampantly from team member to team member when they die....

Yeah, keep thinkin hes UP. lmao

To the OP, read this: http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/3541 and stick to your team and believe me, you will absolutely love playing Malzahar, unless you're looking for a one trick pony death button.

RagnarokChu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VejiTehDestroyer View Post
Wow, seriously? I main Malz and yes, he can't one shot people, but hes a freakin beast in team fights. I just silenced your whole team and then proceeded to stun, while damaging no less, your biggest dps threat while my team beats them down....all while a dot runs rampantly from team member to team member when they die....

Yeah, keep thinkin hes UP. lmao

To the OP, read this: http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/3541 and stick to your team and believe me, you will absolutely love playing Malzahar, unless you're looking for a one trick pony death button.
Annie, Fiddles, Ryze can do the same thing.

And they can one shot the other team.

Mr Geppetto

07-31-2010

While I personally prefer some other casters, I do think his AoE silence is hugely underestimated.

Vhalantru

08-01-2010

problem being that his aoe silence bugs out. a lot.

Mr Geppetto

08-01-2010

That would be a good counterpoint if the actual silence were bugged, but as long as the skill lands, it silences.

Matuk

08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathos View Post
Why? You wouldn't.

The other casters are all (mostly) superior, insofar as what they bring to the table.