Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So i've done this thing to make this game more fun...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stralucire

03-13-2012

Video game Zen. I congratulate you, brother, not many people ever figure this stuff out. It isn't even unique to LoL or ELO. CounterStrike, WoW arenas, TF2, and countless other games. Everything gets better when you learn to distance yourself from the ranking system.

At heart, it's the difference between having fun when you play the game, and having fun when you win the game. Play should be fun. Winning should be icing on the cupcake.

Sauron

03-13-2012

I've stopped caring about my Elo as well -- I haven't even checked it in several days. I still play to win, though, because its a game.

Given that I've been doing a ton of solo queue, I've been going on win/lose streaks but it doesn't bother me anymore. Its just how solo queue life is.

I still use jabebot to make sure none of my teammates are like, level 5 or something with three games played. I actually have seen this happen before.

Phynal

03-13-2012

I admit to being one of the people who got turned into a monster. It wasn't so much the raging at teammates in chat, but I would get so angry in real life at how bad these people were. My play would start tanking. I went from 1875 to 1813 when I realized what was happening, my teammates weren't costing me all the games. I was playing bad as well due to stress/anger. Dominion just wasn't fun anymore.

Then I stopped caring so much and started picking champs I wanted to play instead of who I "needed" to play. So much more fun now.

03-13-2012

I look for good quality matchups. I use jabebot to let me know when there is a low level duo que on my team. I know this game won't go well.. so I dodge. Am I a monster? Nope, I just want to enjoy this game. I can't enjoy this game when I roflstomp another team nor when I get stomped. I like playing games that have a close score and a close matchup in skill level. Sorry if I find fun matches by avoiding certain people but I have learned that this is the only way. I don't care if I'm 1200 elo or 3000 elo, I want to have an even matchup. I want to play the game where a team can communicate what to do and all follow through. Where can I find this? Not at the 1200 level, that's for **** sure.

Biskey

03-14-2012

I only personally used Jabebot as a means to see where I stood compared to other people and try to improve upon that. Granted I'm not a very high level player, but I think I prefer to just enjoy the game and try my best to win. Cool to see higher level players come out and say they don't care about their elo though.

BigDaddyDelish

03-14-2012

I like knowing where I stand in comparison to others but I don't let it stress me... I play games because it's fun, and I'm not even that competitive over it.

Some people take ranking way too seriously and I feel sorry for them, and you are right in that it's probably better that they just don't use the ranking system to begin with. But for me, I like having an elo, and it makes the game more fun for me all around.

I play almost exclusively solo que these days, but I still hope Dominion gets a Ranked mode.

Kedoren

03-14-2012

I hear ya. It was a good idea, but you're right. We, as humans, are competitive by nature, and watching your elo after every game makes it only about that. I MUST WIN. I played so much WW, Wukong, Rammus, Ryze, just so I could win. I don't really like any of those champs.

Xavderion

03-14-2012

I randomly lost 50 elo a few days ago (I heard from this bug before) so now I don't give a **** anymore about it.

Glumduk

03-14-2012

I've found myself enjoying the game less since this whole Elo thing started. I think Jabebot should just be disabled.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

03-14-2012

Quote:
TheFeedski:
This number has turned half of you into monsters.

Monstars.

in elo's defense, i was kinda always an ******* before jabebot