Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Irelia tanky build in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kagami

03-13-2012

So I only started playing dominion much recently(had touched it a few times before), I decided to play tanky Irelia going 0/21/9 masteries, and Arp/Armor/MR/lvl/MS% runes, taking Garrison and various second spells.

I've been starting HoG/Boots > Merc or Ninja boots at need > Wit's end/Spirit Vasage > Omen(I'll get a Chainmail before MR items if I need that more) > Zeal/Phage > Trinity > ???. most matches have ended before making a major buy after Trinity. It seems to work well enough for me so far, I go positive by a wide margin generally and I am able to defend points very well.

I am putting off Trinity Force too long?(I get plenty of kills without it even in early-mid game so far though)
Is 3 MR items too much vs even AP heavy enemy teams?
What other armor item should I consider for Dominion besides Omen and Ninja boots if I end up needing more vs AD heavy teams?
What should I get after Trinity I've considered Zeke's/Gunblade/More Defense?

I am still limited in Dominion knowledge, while I know Irelia fine from SR, so I'd appreciate any build advice, feedback, or criticism.

SoSalty

03-14-2012

If anything, Trinity Force and Wit's End should be rushed sooner.

xkEEfx

03-14-2012

I've tried it and I find she just has such a weak start. Dependent on expensive items. I didn't play very many matches with her tho.

LuluBella

03-14-2012

I build her like WW but i stopped playing her after a while now.
merc treads/ninja tabi, wits end, thorn mail/FH, phage

Ascleph

03-14-2012

I get TF then go tanky

ZenithZephyr

03-15-2012

Prospector's Blade + Boots + 2 pots
Zeal
Merc Treads (Sometimes Ninja Tabi, rarely Zerk Greaves)
Tri-Force
Wit's End
Spirit Visage
Atma's
Sanguine Blade, Thornmail, or Guinsoo's depending.

This build has gotten me to 1800ish elo.

30/0/0 (21/9/0 is fine too)

Attack Speed red
Health/lvl yellow
Mr/lvl blue
MS quints

jars

03-15-2012

randuins+SV easy tank core. I don't get a triforce until the very end if at all, I go ghostblade first then I might get another item offensive like wit's end.