Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Karma Good?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaintxBannor

03-13-2012

I play Karma as a jungler.

That sounds like a joke. I'm actually serious.

Ruthless Sophie

03-13-2012

Quote:
Nezgul:
Her status at the moment is considered poor by the majority of people. Not saying I agree, but a lot of people view her as a subpar support and AP.

Regardless, isn't she getting reworked anyways? (According to Guinsoo.)

Yea and he's doing it wrong...

Knockback on her fans... why? So she has to run back to them just to position for her other spells... sure it sounds cool and OP but it clunky and counter productive to her kit.

I'm gonna poop in his shoes.

Narvuntien

03-13-2012

She is underpowered... very very hard to help your AD carry as support bot she hits really hard early game off her base damage which if you have a snowballing AD carry or a non healing enemy support can really help

But without significant CC damage alone isn't enough to change a teamfight... particularly when she only has 2-3 AP scaling abilities and just drops away later in the game even in a solo lane.

She needs CDR, Mana, AP and Defence that is too many stats for a 0 cs support
She has no way to protect herself other than to deal enough damage to make the opponents back off or survive until she is under a turret allies help...even Soraka can silence and armor herself.

Karma needs a buff... I hope they give her a knockback on her mantred Q.. I have heard they are testing that... or a silence on her W but I heard they were going to make it no longer target enemies. something needs to be done.

NeonChinchilla

03-13-2012

karma is probably the most fun I've ever had as a support. Solo top or mid shes gonna be stomped on unless the enemy just doesn't know what to do with her. Support shes gonna be lacking without some farm but only from her heal and damage.

The problems with karma are that she A. is very AP dependent and requires some farm/kills to keep up into late game and B. lacks any hard cc to really stop anyone.

overall shes a lot of fun and if played right she can turn a match around. I think shes worth trying now and then with her rework coming soon you can compare.

YellowJoe

03-13-2012

Quote:
Ruthless Sophie:
Yea and he's doing it wrong...

Knockback on her fans... why? So she has to run back to them just to position for her other spells... sure it sounds cool and OP but it clunky and counter productive to her kit.

I'm gonna poop in his shoes.

Well I'm sure if it's only on her Mantra fan it would be quite nice for team fights if you can position yourself right. You could tether on a fleeing foe run in front of them and blow them
back into range of your pursuing team or even heal a slowed team mate while pushing back the foe.

ZetsubouFallen

03-13-2012

Karma is the "how supports should be" on this meta, if the meta gets changed im sure Karma will have way more utility, she needs AP to be effective, but she can use other lanes to farm.

the rework currently made by Guinsoo is a flaw, Guinsoo is well known for its poor designs on champions (which ocasionally are the one considered like most frustating) due to its history of Dota, which you can see on designs like trynda, karthus, alistar, sion for instance.

There is a thread in where you can vote about Karma rework, feel free to drop by:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1856243

Ormlyr

Recruiter

03-19-2012

Quote:
Ruthless Sophie:

If you plan on 0 CS supporting with Karma do not spam your heal ever , just mitigate with your sheild it happens to be the strongest physical damage sheild in the game. You can also deprive enemy's of last hits by sheilding your creeps.

I disagree with this. Shield may mitigate the damage yes, but will your ad carry stick around if they are low health? No. If you keep sustaining them with heals, they can stay in lane longer and get more cs. To me, this makes more sense to help your ad carry get farm and get kills.

The shield barely shields any damage on minions, as far as I've noticed, so I'd rather heal my ad carry and the minions than just choose either to shield my ad carry OR the minion to disrupt last hitting. To me, you can accomplish 2 in 1, yet saving more mana.

This is just my opinion on this. It depends on your play style. Maybe you like to mantra shield minions very often and play aggressively. I prefer to play Karma passively and sustain my ad carry, only mantra shielding if I know for sure we need the extra damage. Otherwise, save the mantra for the heal.

To sum up, the shield will help your stay alive momentarily, but the sustained heals will give the ad carry more choices of what to do since he/she will have more health.

Eskim0 Brother

03-19-2012

Karma is the Tim Tebow of League. Extremely bad with millions of adoring fans in denial.

Zerglinator

03-19-2012

Quote:
Eskim0 Brother:
Karma is the Tim Tebow of League. Extremely good with millions of raging haters in denial.

Fix'd. And I don't even care about Tim Tebow.

Dowdicus

03-19-2012

I would have assumed she was true neutral.